Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What else are you listening to at the moment?

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 10 years 9 months ago #8187

• stewart g
Love that Tom Odell track Another Love.Heard it last night on the brilliant UnCool Radio.Check it out at Rogerday.co.uk.Fantastic station playing superb music.Also last night they played Mr Raffles and over the last few months I've heard Hideaway,Judy Teen,Sebastian,Mr Soft,Love Compared With You and Death Trip! :) all played by a great DJ who is a bit of a fan of SH&CR.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 10 years 9 months ago #8217

• psychomenagerie
Roxy's debut album, actually all the '70's Roxy albums, and still listening to Bowie's The Next Day.

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 10 years 8 months ago #8353

• joanna
Just heard some of "the youngster`s" music.
The Black Keys, a track from their recent cd.. little black submarines... I like it .... bit "white Stripes" and clouds of Deep Purple drifting across at times on other tracks.

I dont think "the youngster (simon)" has realized I have the cd in the car yet... ha haa B)
Smile x

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 10 years 8 months ago #8371

• fatfish59
I love discovering new music & use Soundcloud a lot to just randomly listen to bands I've not heard before.

The latest to catch my is ear a band called The Lone Bellow who have recently released their debut album. They are a folk / americana / gospel influenced trio.

Have a listen here www.thelonebellow.com/

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 10 years 8 months ago #8372

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Eagerly anticipating the upcoming collaboration between my favourite hip hop band THE ROOTS, and ELVIS COSTELLO, the album out in a couple of weeks is called WISE UP GHOST,sounds like a strange combination but the couple of previews I have heard are very,very promising..check out the first single, WALK US UPTOWN
via this link.....
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 10 years 8 months ago #8373

• stewart g
Songs In The Key of Life by Stevie Wonder. I think I bought it at the same time as the LP Love's A Primadonna.The new Rebel release was on Vinyl,whilst my copy of Stevie's new release was on 8 Track !! purchased around November 1976!! ;)Songs In The Key Of Life lived with me for many, many months,I knew every detail and every nook and cranny of the brilliant words and music of a master musician at the very top of his game!! It's a fantastic piece of work and when I revisited the album a couple of weeks ago what struck me was just how good and fresh it still sounds... A TIMELESS CLASSIC!!.. :)