Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What else are you listening to at the moment?

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 11 years 4 weeks ago #7843

• psychomenagerie
The Next Day, Bowie's new album, listened to it every day since released, an absolute classic, in the famous words of Max Headroom, " God, the guy's a GENIUS!!!!!"
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 11 years 4 weeks ago #7847

• Pandorah
psychomenagerie wrote:
The Next Day, Bowie's new album, listened to it every day since released, an absolute classic, in the famous words of Max Headroom, " God, the guy's a GENIUS

Next Month , Harley's new album , ( the one we've wanted for a lifetime : -) )

I will be listening to every day when it's released :-)
and also know it will be the all time absolute classic :-)
and in the famous words of all Harley Fans
God the mans a Genius and what's ! more a Legend !
:-)

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 11 years 2 weeks ago #7907

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
I went to the recording of Later....with Jools Holland last night. I thought Vampire Weekend were incredible! Have pre-ordered their new album.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 10 years 10 months ago #8164

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Last thursday I saw Steeleye Span locally. I'm not a huge fan but they were great and Maddie Prior's voice has only suffered minimally with the years. The musicians were all brilliant.
Last night I went to see Ian Anderson play Thick as a Brick parts 1 and 2 at the Royal Albert Hall. It was awesome. Guest appearance by Marc Almond was both welcome and inspirational.
Anyone else go?
While I was there I took note of where I'll be sitting in November, in the choir (not singing....obviously) behind Bob Dylan. It'll be good to be there though. :laugh:
Off to see John Williams perform on thursday and then my cultural calendar takes a small break until 19th when I'll be at Greenwich to see our hero....(where's the swoon smiley?
:kiss: :kiss: )
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 10 years 10 months ago #8165

• joanna
Just missed Vampire Weekend at Glastonbury. :(

Primal Scream were amazing as were Noah and The Whale. :cheer:
"The Staves" were interesting.
Also caught Steve Knightley and friends...Yes I went towards the folk area.. very enjoyable all round... B)
Oh and a little band called The Stones ? I think.. they were good. Strong vocals there. :woohoo:
Anyone else venture over to the land with "The Tower"?

Looking forward to Glasto Extrav` :woohoo:
Smile x

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 10 years 10 months ago #8170

• cheri
Stella Day wrote:
Last thursday I saw Steeleye Span locally. I'm not a huge fan but they were great and Maddie Prior's voice has only suffered minimally with the years. The musicians were all brilliant.
Last night I went to see Ian Anderson play Thick as a Brick parts 1 and 2 at the Royal Albert Hall. It was awesome. Guest appearance by Marc Almond was both welcome and inspirational.
Anyone else go?
While I was there I took note of where I'll be sitting in November, in the choir (not singing....obviously) behind Bob Dylan. It'll be good to be there though. :laugh:
Off to see John Williams perform on thursday and then my cultural calendar takes a small break until 19th when I'll be at Greenwich to see our hero....(where's the swoon smiley?
:kiss: :kiss: )
I LOVE Jethro Tull, and "Thick as a Brick" is one of my faves. Also love "Passion Play" and "Songs From the Wood." :)

Cheri