Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Stranger comes to town

Re:Stranger comes to town 14 years 3 weeks ago #565

• essexboybilly
Maelitta - there are 100 I think of those Iron man statues on Crosby beach in north west England. They are designed by the sculptor Anthony Gormley. Check out his Angel Of The North on Google. The model is definitely not a permanent fixture!!!I reckon photoshop might have been employed there.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Stranger comes to town 14 years 3 weeks ago #567

• Maelitta
Thank you very much, Billyboy ! I have learned something today.
As far as I understand, these statues are a local attraction.
I have read in Wikipedia that Crosby was the home of the Captain of the Titanic ... :unsure:

I had a look at the Angel ... Waoow ! It is hudge.

Very interesting, all that. It shows that through Steve Harley man can discover many things. Rebels are nice !

Re:Stranger comes to town 14 years 3 weeks ago #572

• alanmembury
Pre-ordered from Amazon on the 19/3/10 for £8.95 free postage. Delivery expected 7/5/10. Can't wait!!!!

Re:Stranger comes to town 14 years 3 weeks ago #573

• Rebel67
I too have pre ordered from Play.com for £8.95. The anticipation is so high. I need a beer. ;)

Re:Stranger comes to town 14 years 3 weeks ago #574

• essexboybilly
Rebelbhouy, mine's a strong and large red wine....haven't looked forward to a new SH album like this since Best Years.
And do you know the problem? I DONT KNOW WHY- just excitement.
The Jools show gave a hint of the greatness of this album, and I suppose we're gripped. And it's only just begun!!

Re:Stranger comes to town 14 years 3 weeks ago #575

• Rebel
I do not want to be controversial, but in my humble opinion I don't think SH has brought out a really decent album since the 'Best years'.
I have religiously bought every album he has released, but each time been disappointed that they fail to come close to the brilliance of the first 4 albums.
Don't get me wrong, every subsequent album he has released is listenable and each has a number of very good tracks. But do any come close to the early releases? Again it only my opinion, but nowhere near.
Maybe its SH's fault for making the first 4 so darn good. In doing so, setting the benchmark so high that he made them an impossible act to follow.
With each new album I have hoped that there will be another Death trip or Tumbling down or Best years or Understand or...... , but as yet I'm still waiting.

Maybe my expectations are too high, but I hope that like all you other Rebel fans out there getting excited about this new album, that once again I am not disappointed.