Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Song for Birmingham?

New Song for Birmingham? 12 years 2 months ago #4021

• Rebel
The discussion of what songs to be performed as an encore and the inclusion of MMS has divided opinion on this site – although I’m sure that despite a few dissenters, that the vast majority of us would love to hear it in all its glory.

However, I have another idea.

No doubt, the reason that this concert, featuring songs from the first two albums, will sell out, is that us fans want to hear epic songs like Deathtrip, Sebastian, Tumbling Down etc, performed in all their glory, with a full Orchestra, Choir, Canons, fireworks etc (OK, maybe not the Canons and fireworks, but you get the picture).

Despite us fans clearly loving the majesty of these songs, SH has since steered away from the grandee orchestral production of the first two albums. Although subsequent albums have been brilliant in their own right, none have quite given us the wow factor of certain songs on Human Menagerie or Psychomodo.

Steve is clearly excited about the Birmingham concert, and hopefully, revisiting all these classic tracks will get his creative juices flowing. So, with a full orchestra and choir at his disposal, I would love Steve to compose a new 8-9 minute epic masterpiece for your encore? A new ‘Deathtrip’, but bigger and better!

A slow build up with lots of percussion and pin sharp soloists, building up to a crescendo of sound with the orchestra and choir in full swing.

I know this is easier said than done and appreciate that its not likely to happen, but what a way to introduce the centrepiece of your ‘next’ album to your adoring fans?

So how’s about a new song for Birmingham?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:New Song for Birmingham? 12 years 2 months ago #4023

• Pandorah
Rebel ,when you get a free hour to yourself sit down and listern to stranger comes to town . Imagine sitting in a Symphony Hall amongst strangers ( who know each and every one of us )

2,000 years from now ! OH NO ! Human voice's resonating every inch of the place , No Bleeding Hearts ! NO HOPE ! Think about it :)

Re:New Song for Birmingham? 12 years 2 months ago #4029

• midge
Hi Rebel, hasn't Steve already composed that with Sidetrack II from Love's a Prima Donna? Good idea though, and with no tour this year it would keep him busy and out of trouble.

Re:New Song for Birmingham? 12 years 2 months ago #4030

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
midge wrote:
Hi Rebel, hasn't Steve already composed that with Sidetrack II from Love's a Prima Donna? Good idea though, and with no tour this year it would keep him busy and out of trouble.

O.M.G. How sweet would that be if they played that??? I looove that track.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:New Song for Birmingham? 12 years 2 months ago #4046

• cheri
AlizarinStag wrote:
midge wrote:

O.M.G. How sweet would that be if they played that??? I looove that track.
I love it, too! I just played it the other day. :)

Cheri

Re:New Song for Birmingham? 12 years 2 months ago #4053

• guisboro
  • Andy
I wouldn't want to hear a new song for this as I want to completely wallow in nostalgia!

When I saw Steve at the Ark in Stockton a month or so ago he basically said the first half after THM would end with Judy Teen and the second half after TP would end with Make Me Smile. I don't know whether he'd formalised things in his mind then but my money would be on him sticking with that.