& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited

Re:The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited 8 years 7 months ago #10656

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Stella Day wrote:
I remember receiving the Best Years album for my 14th birthday in February 1975 and playing it to my sister's boyfriend who I'd met for the first time that day. I fell in love with my sister's boyfriend. We secretly eloped (some years later) and we've been married for 31 years but.......

Oh, how I wanted to be the girl in the back of the taxi with Steve Harley on the back of album cover!(why does she look so bored?)

I'll really enjoy Johnnie Walker's show this week as I peel the vegetables!

Maybe this would be a good story for the Best Years Tour Programme but what I can't figure out is how I received this for my 14th birthday in February 1975 when it seems to have been released in March 1975?. Perhaps I waited for it and it was a belated present? Still married to John ;) Here's a photo of me (left) John (middle) and my sister(right) from way back then.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited 8 years 7 months ago #10657

• Maggie Jones
On the front, aren't they emerging from a clandestine tryst in a hotel room? She's not bored, Stella...!

The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited 8 years 7 months ago #10659

• Maggie Jones
Running through this thread from the beginning I notice names that used to be regulars no longer appearing in discussions: cockneyrebel1, crazy horse, Ana etc. etc. Just wondering, and hoping all is well with them

The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited 8 years 7 months ago #10660

• ALEXA
Maggie,

I was thinking just that. Ana came over from the States twice, she was a huge fan but seems not to have posted for a year or more. At least we have Cheri still as enthusiastic as ever and looking forward to another trip over here.

It would be lovely to hear from them. Hopefully all is well. I hope they will be able to make the forthcoming shows.

Alexa

The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited 8 years 7 months ago #10661

• Michael Carraway
Never hear from Ray from Wales these days. Or the great Dave Hornby, who Steve has credited with starting the whole website thing off. Dave was always funny and interesting. Come back, man!

The Best Years Of Our Lives..revisited 8 years 7 months ago #10662

• RachelPAtoSH
Stella - please send your Best Years story to Mark.
A photo of yourself from that period, too, would help get it in the programme, I dare say!

Many thanks,
RACHEL