Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Timeless Flight/Love's A Prima Donna Show

Timeless Flight/Love's A Prima Donna Show 8 years 4 months ago #11075

• richardgwyther
Definitely, anytime! two fantastic LPs. How about Hammersmith Apollo instead of Indigo. That would be extra special (for me) as I have a tour poster from is venue for the Prima Donna tour, which would bring back many great memories. Also, Colston Hall, Bristol another good venue, one I know Steve has enjoyed before.
Whatever & whenever, with the same band line up if possible would be great.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Timeless Flight/Love's A Prima Donna Show 8 years 4 months ago #11097

• cheri
I would have to say that yes, of course I would be interested. Steve always puts on an amazing show and sings his older songs better than the originals. But, I also have to say that my favorite of all of Steve's "incarnations" is the full band in a smaller venue where songs from throughout Steve's career are performed. It allows us to be closer to the band and feel that we are right inside the music. Also, the chance of having a few words with Steve and the band after the show has always been the selling point for me, especially since it's so hard for me to get over there due to my geographical limitations, plus I spend weeks and weeks in planning, so if the concerts were all in large concert halls, I would expect my chances of meeting Steve after the show would be much less or non-existant. One more thing, and this is coming from an American who came to discover Steve's music just in the last 5 years: I am not attached to albums as a whole because I was not there when they were released. (The exception is The Quality of Mercy, which is my particular favorite collection of songs as an album and is my personal favorite.) So, I would miss hearing a lot of Steve's classics. I think that this year it was a great idea to have a fan poll to choose the songs for one-half of the show. I'd like to see that happen next time, but as one fan pointed out to me on Facebook, Timeless Flight and Love's A Prima Donna were both recorded with Jim, Stuart and Duncan, so it would make sense to get them to perform both albums together. So, I have somewhat mixed feelings. Not sure that the downside is enough to keep me away, but I need to express it. Another thing is if Steve truly intends to go into the recording studio and release a new album, I'd feel really disappointed not to hear it. Am I making sense?

Cheri

Timeless Flight/Love's A Prima Donna Show 8 years 4 months ago #11131

• gary1959
Great idea ..maybe Steve could wear the clown's outfit,from the 1976 shows at the Hammersmith Odean..when doing the LAPD segment ...

Timeless Flight/Love's A Prima Donna Show 8 years 4 months ago #11132

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
gary1959 wrote:
Great idea ..maybe Steve could wear the clown's outfit,from the 1976 shows at the Hammersmith Odean..when doing the LAPD segment ...

:(

Sold at Bonhams in 2005.www.steveharley.com/diary/3-newsitems/117-bonhams.html

www.bonhams.com/auctions/11707/lot/377/ Guide price £700 - £1,000.I wonder how much it went for?
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Timeless Flight/Love's A Prima Donna Show 8 years 4 months ago #11135

• pf329
Yes please! And it would be great if he could get the MonaLisa Twins back as well as Jim and the others.

Timeless Flight/Love's A Prima Donna Show 8 years 4 months ago #11136

• Jack
An absolutely fantastic idea and Glasgow Concert Hall would be great. I know that is somewhat biased but there were no Scottish venues for recent Best Years of Our Lives Tour. I did go down south on three occasions for The Human Menagerie/Psychomodo Tour and all three concerts were truly awesome......Please let it happen

Jack