& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CAMBRIDGE

CAMBRIDGE 8 years 5 months ago #10904

• joanna
:cheer: Cambridge Saturday
Thank you SO MUCH to Steve CR and the girls Mona and Lisa
You get better and better and better.... Absolutely flying.
So much wanted to stay with others to say Hi but the bus took us home.
Big drive tomorrow home . SO worth the trip X
Hugs jo
Smile x
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , bryan55

CAMBRIDGE 8 years 5 months ago #10905

• sevillana123
Cambridge Corn Exchange Sat 14 Nov
>
> Came along with a couple of friends. Have been to see Steve a few times over the years - starting with Cockney Rebel in 1975 in Birmingham Odeon as a student. What I hadn't realised until Steve reminded everyone was that this was 40/41 years ago!!!
> What a brilliant concert. It really worked being in a small venue rather than an arena with all brilliant musicians who were dedicated to delivering a show from beginning to end. I had forgotten how important the violin sound was to the whole effect and the Viennese twin girls were just brilliant and added another dimension. Steve's voice had additional depth and all the musicians gave a masterclass in their instrument playing. A wonderful night and would recommend anyone to see the rest of the tour. Thanks to Steve and the band.

CAMBRIDGE 8 years 5 months ago #10906

• bryan55
Daughters fiancée (25) initiated last night at Cambrudge. Fifth gig for Suzie, also 25. For me, 60, the music still sounds so good. As ever the violin makes the music so distinctive and the quality of everyone on stage evident for all to see and hear. Such a range of music on show, wow, the acoustic solo for make me smile. Steves memories of the original tour, Sailor in support, now the Wagner twins, adds entertainment still to the night. Fascinating to hear Rod Stewart realisation of quality of Steves music in recording Friend for Life. So many romantic songs in the repertoire
and in the show. Evident for all to see the shear fun had by all on stage just added to the fun for all in the crowd, and participation in all the right places by us appreciated by Steve. So clever to show off albums in totality as in recent tours, but what next.........its been a while since the music was shown in its pure quality in acoustic for the night......

CAMBRIDGE 8 years 5 months ago #10908

• madmoonlighter
Just to say what a wonderful magical experience in Cambridge last night and well worth the flight down from north of the border.the best years of our lives was a truely outstanding piece of music from each individual in the band ,something that was quite unique in its delivery that in all my 40 years travelling I have never experienced before.special mention to the girls,especially in riding the waves.Jim looked to be having the best years of his life.anytime!!