Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Llandudno November 3rd

Llandudno November 3rd 8 years 6 months ago #10815

• DaveHornby
I was lucky enough to be at Venue Cymru last night for the second show of the Best Years tour.
What a night. WHAT a night!
As some of you may know, I've been lucky enough to attend many of Steve's shows, both as a fan of 40+ years standing, and also as a member of Steve's crew on tour.
Last night has to rank up among the finest shows I have ever seen - from both sides of the stage, as it were.
A first half selected by the fans - All the usual suspects in there (Riding The Waves, Love's a Prima Donna, Sebastian etc), mostly performed under their original arrangements. A brilliant decision, since nearly all the band on stage WERE the original arrangement!
I was transported back to Preston Guildhall, 1975. The first 'Best Years' tour with Steve leading Stuart Elliott, Duncan Mackay, Jim and the late and very much missed George Ford.
George was remembered by Steve with a heartwarming little story about him. I won't spoil it by repeating it, but it served to confirm my opinion of George.
Duncan was on point throughout, riffing his way through those great tunes.
Stuart as rock solid as we all remember.
Jim was Jim. Ever the consummate professional, he played (mostly) note perfect throughout, both acoustic and electric guitars talking in his hands.
As for Steve - he drove the show on in his own inimitable style.

This was a night to remember. And I won't forget it in a hurry.
This tour is special. Very special.
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , trace, Stella Day, Graeme

Llandudno November 3rd 8 years 6 months ago #10822

• MattB
Dave your 'review' means a great deal, perhaps the most of all from us fans. So many reasons to see this tour! Hope to catch you & K at another show.

Llandudno November 3rd 8 years 6 months ago #10823

• gillykee
So glad you enjoyed (not the best word to describe it!) Manchester too was "off the scale" but would not have expected anything else, it is going to be a very special tour and so so sad that I cannot make another date. Mon Lisa Twins did not disappoint either in my opinion.