Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cockney Rebel Jack Flag

Cockney Rebel Jack Flag 8 years 8 months ago #10594

• MirrorFreak52

I've just purchased a Cockney Rebel Jack Flag (3 ft X 5 ft, or 91.5 cm X 152.5 cm) on Ebay from a U.S. Seller. It has not arrived as yet, but am posting this now, as my old laptop is about to die! Seller states that flag was used for U.S. Tour back in the 1970s. Does anyone know anything about the history of this flag? Is it one-of-a-kind, or were several produced? Would Steve or anyone who was in the band at that time like to have it back? I felt the need to rescue it, as Cockney Rebel are not well known in the U.S. Thank you for any information regarding this flag.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Cockney Rebel Jack Flag 8 years 8 months ago #10595

• RachelPAtoSH
Grannyspecs, please hold on to the flag.
I may have news and information...
Rachel
PA at Comeuppance for S & CR
The following user(s) said Thank You: , MirrorFreak52

Cockney Rebel Jack Flag 8 years 8 months ago #10598

• cheri
Wow!! What a treasure. It's probably one of a kind. Amazing that you found it!

Cheri
The following user(s) said Thank You: , MirrorFreak52

Cockney Rebel Jack Flag 8 years 8 months ago #10602

• MirrorFreak52
The Cockney Rebel Flag has arrived! I'd messaged Ebay Seller in West Virginia, U.S.; lovely lady who said she'd worked for Capitol Records in L.A. back in the 1970s, doing promotional work for English bands coming to the U.S. She said she'd boxes of stuff from various bands. This flag was part of a promo party , or a concert; she can't recall which,from when Cockney Rebel toured the States. I'd like to return the flag to the band. Am in declining health; not a time to be collecting things. Thought it might have nostalgic value for the band.
Attachments:

Cockney Rebel Jack Flag 8 years 8 months ago #10603

• MirrorFreak52
For some reason, computer will not accept common parlance term for British Flag; shortens it to "Jack". Sincere apologies for any misunderstanding.