Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wickham Festival

Wickham Festival 8 years 8 months ago #10572

• fatfish59
Just had to say, what a great set Steve & the band played at the Wickham Festival on Sunday night. On stage for just over an hour, shame they couldn't have stayed on longer, it was obvious they wanted too.

Loved the new song "Ordinary People", I hope that it gets loads of airplay.

Set list as far as I can remember, in no particular order. Here Comes The Sun; Judy Teen; Mr Soft; Riding The Waves; The Lighthouse; Ordinary People; A Friend For Life; Journey's End; Make Me Smile. I think that was all.

Also have to say that the Tom Robinson Band were superb as well. Great to see Tom back out on the road again.
Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , stewart g

Wickham Festival 8 years 8 months ago #10573

• stewart g
Thanks for the review.Would have loved to have seen Tom Robinson as well as 10cc with Steve and The Rebel!Your right about Tom Robinson last time I saw him was at The Edinburgh Festival before Steve hit the stage and he was great.Good to see him back on the road.
Nice PIC on The Monalisa Twins Twitter feed from the stage,looked a cracking set up and obviously with a great atmosphere!
The following user(s) said Thank You: , fatfish59

Wickham Festival 8 years 8 months ago #10576

• fatfish59
Last time I saw Tom Robinson was at Southampton Gaumont in 1978! First time I've seen 10cc since the 70's too.

Wickham is a great festival, I will definitely go for all 4 days next year. Early bird tickets are only £100 for the 4 days if booked by the end of August.

Wickham Festival 8 years 8 months ago #10578

• fatfish59
An 8 minute interview that Steve did before his set at the Wickham Festival.

audioboom.com/boos/3460924-wickham-festi...l&utm_source=twitter

And if you listen to the Tom Robinson interview, you can hear part of Steve's set in the background.

Wickham Festival 8 years 8 months ago #10579

• stewart g
Brilliant,thanks for the nod.Mr H is just so full of positivity these days great to hear and Tom Robinson is always a good listen.Loved Tom talking backed by Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel! Great to see that for both of them the journey defiantly has not ended.