Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The One Show 5th March

Re:The One Show 5th March 9 years 3 weeks ago #10202

• Becky
I recorded the show and have watched it several times. The 'look back' at Steve's life was touching and inspiring. Perhaps the short film could become a permanent fixture on the website, it certainly deserves to be.

Great performance by Steve, Barry and James, as always.

It appears that the Manchester concert is on the 2nd November - that's a Monday! :angry: I was planning to travel up from the south-west as I did for the Bridgewater and The Lowry. This might prove difficult, so if you could change it to a Friday or Saturday, I'd be very grateful ;)

Becky x
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The One Show 5th March 9 years 3 weeks ago #10203

• Tglyn
Hi all. Loved the show and seeing Stephen at his best again performing. Really brought back so many family good times we had at Fairlawn, great to see the kitchen where Aunty Joyce would just keep the breakfasts coming all sitting round the table. Nice to see the places we slept, Stepnens bedroom and the front room. We would just arrive from Elstree/Borehamwood and especially over Christmas with our pillows under our arms sing at the front door "Where are we sleeping". Ron would say cor blimey the Palmers and family are here so it is time for a party. Jackies mum Olive Nice "Rons sister" would always play the piano for hours all set up by the rest of the Nice family who all had a good sing song and lots of knees-ups. Jackies dad would be in charge of the bar and set it up in the hallway. I can remember us all having to do our party pieces and it was always the early hours before any heads were down. Big party and lots of chairs...smashing family and Stephen really put the film together in his own special way......thanks for the memories
Tony and Jackie xxxxxxx
Please login/register to post on the forum.
  • Page: