Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Top Gear Make Me Smile

Re:Top Gear Make Me Smile 9 years 2 months ago #10103

• FALLAJ
Saw Top Gear, great publicity for Make me Smile,however must pull up Clarkson on one comment, he said it was Steve's only hit record. Has he not heard of Judy Teen, Mr. Soft,Mr.Raffles and Here Comes The Sun which all made the top 10.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Top Gear Make Me Smile 9 years 2 months ago #10104

• stewart g
Make me Smile back in the charts!great stuff. :) 40 years on!!Must pull up Fallaj though! Mr Raffles didn't make the top 10,but Phantom did B)

Re:Top Gear Make Me Smile 9 years 2 months ago #10105

• Patrick
Great stuff....

This can only mean one thing...full UK Arena Tour Announcement!! Or at least Bolton Albert Hall!

Re:Top Gear Make Me Smile 9 years 2 months ago #10111

• jollyroger
Still in there at No 35 today - phenomenal! Great song, brilliant record and fantastic stamina!! Is that 4 times it's been a top 40 hit? AJ?

Re:Top Gear Make Me Smile 9 years 2 months ago #10112

• GedKen
What a gas. Next up I guess Steve might end up on Top Gear racing a motor around that circuit of theirs.

As an aside, its been five years since the last album, and ten years since QoM; it would be nice to think another might be encouraged into being by this recent publicity?

Re:Top Gear Make Me Smile 9 years 2 months ago #10114

• ajsmith
jollyroger wrote:
Still in there at No 35 today - phenomenal! Great song, brilliant record and fantastic stamina!! Is that 4 times it's been a top 40 hit? AJ?

Jollyroger, the song nearly hit the top 40 in 1992, which was the first re-release to make the chart again, peaking at #46. The 1995 reissue made #33, and the 30th Anniversary remix in 2005 got to #55.

GedKen wrote:
As an aside, its been five years since the last album, and ten years since QoM; it would be nice to think another might be encouraged into being by this recent publicity?

That's a good point GedKen - the publicity has certainly done no harm in regards to future material.