Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ELECTRIC WARRIOR

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #5071

• crazy horse
THE PHANTOM wrote:
Hey Pete B. a South Oxhey boy eh? I used to drink in the jet many years ago. I'm from Paddington originally and as a young lad when Marc was knocking out hits regularly I used to see him quite often as he lived just down the road from me in a place called Little Venice. I wish to god i'd had the courage to say hello but all I could do was stare.
.........PHANTOM ,tell us more ,this is the kind of stuff i was trying to dig up ,any first hand accounts :woohoo:
The topic has been locked.

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #5072

• crazy horse
P.S. PHANTOM ,we may have a problem...im a big liverpool fan (well an armchair fan)...are you going tothe match?

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #5134

• crazy horse
:angry: :angry: Im bloody well outraged by some of the profiteering gits on EBAY ,RECORD STORE DAY as part of their campaign released many limited items by many different artists,including several releases by T.REX ,including a box set of four singles called ELECTRIC SEVENS (inc several unreleased outakes from the warrior sessions),retailing at around £40.00 ,which are now sadly turning up on the net for between 80 to a 100 quid ,and the fact that they are all still sealed means they were bought soley for the intention of gain,for me it wasnt possible to get out and get one from the store ,and as much as i would like a copy (and can afford it) their is no way im going to pay their inflated prices purley on the grounds that it will only encourage their seedy behaviour ,once a gain real fans are being ripped off :angry: :angry: :angry:

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #5141

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
crazy horse wrote:
:angry: :angry: Im bloody well outraged by some of the profiteering gits on EBAY ,RECORD STORE DAY as part of their campaign released many limited items by many different artists,including several releases by T.REX ,including a box set of four singles called ELECTRIC SEVENS (inc several unreleased outakes from the warrior sessions),retailing at around £40.00 ,which are now sadly turning up on the net for between 80 to a 100 quid ,and the fact that they are all still sealed means they were bought soley for the intention of gain,for me it wasnt possible to get out and get one from the store ,and as much as i would like a copy (and can afford it) their is no way im going to pay their inflated prices purley on the grounds that it will only encourage their seedy behaviour ,once a gain real fans are being ripped off :angry: :angry: :angry:

I see that sort of horrible where I work all the time. Nasty jerks buying items just to make cash. It's even more awful when it's things like this that should belong to fans at the more reasonable prices originally offered. :(
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #5144

• crazy horse
ALI ,yeah its quite sickening really ,profiteering from music ,iv just been reading a blog by HENRY ROLLINS on a similar subject,.He writes ,"as i write this i am looking out of my tour bus window there are a crowd of people outside waiting for me to sign things ,and i know for a fact that 90% of them wont even be going to the show ,they have just come here to get their pre downloaded photos signed and they will probably be on EBAY within the hour"......i think HENRY has hit the nail right on the head. ,.I mean that says it all, its become a very greedy world ,a wiser man than me wrote "OUT OF THE CROOKED TIMBER OF MAN ,NOTHING STRAIGHT WAS EVER MADE"......rant over :( :(

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #5155

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
Hey, Pete B. what about the Dick Whittington? me and me mates gave them a few hidings, maybe you was one? apologies if you were. Glad we have nearly grown up now!