Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ELECTRIC WARRIOR

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 12 years 1 day ago #4964

• AmerikaTheBrave
"you never really know what youv got till its gone (who sung that ?)

Joni Mitchell - Big Yellow Taxi :)
The topic has been locked.

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 12 years 1 day ago #4965

• Pete B
  • Hope n Psyche...Open Brainy...
I know what you mean, one of the saddest days of my life when the terrible news came over the radio :(

Still his music and poetry lives on :)

Have you seen the carling advert on TV ? Makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up everytime !

Bang A Gong !

Edit...New Avatar !...Me likey :)
It was summer or maybe spring !

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 12 years 1 day ago #4971

• crazy horse
the day MARC BOLAN died ,for me, it was it was a pissy rainy miserable day in colwyn bay(little did i know just how miserable the day was going to get).There i was going about my bizness (as you do)and i heard RIDE A WHITE SWAN on the radio ,i thought cool!!! and carried on with whatever i was doing ,then in a short while i heard GET IT ON and i thought wow radio 1 is getting hip ,then DEBORAH ,and later THE GROOVER ,and a very uneasy sickly feeling started gnawing away inside me like a rabid ferret ,and then on the hour radio 1 news bulletin confirmed what my subconcious was trying to tell me ,when the news presenter said the words ......IN THE EARLY HOURS OF THIS MORNING POP SUPERSTAR MARC BOLAN WAS KILLED IN A CAR CRASH!!!!!!!!!

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #5051

• Pete B
In the early seventies on my way to school I would take a short cut through Carpenders Park railway station near Watford. One day the "Born To Boogie" poster went up on the subway wall promoting the film. It was huge about 6ft across.
Every afternoon on our way home me and a mate would take it in turns to keep lookout and carefully prized the lower corners away (with the old posters still on the back) from the frame with our doorkeys. When there was enough to get a good grip we took a corner each and gave quick upwards tug...The whole thing came away in one and rolled up like a sheet of Lino :woohoo:

It was my pride and joy on my bedroom wall for years.

Wish I still had it.

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #5059

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
Hey Pete B. a South Oxhey boy eh? I used to drink in the jet many years ago. I'm from Paddington originally and as a young lad when Marc was knocking out hits regularly I used to see him quite often as he lived just down the road from me in a place called Little Venice. I wish to god i'd had the courage to say hello but all I could do was stare.

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 11 years 11 months ago #5063

• Pete B
Phantom...Nah, went to school in South Oxhey, boy it was rough. I lived on the so called posh side of the tracks in Carpenders Park and had to run the gauntlet every day for over five years :unsure:

Would never have dared go into the Jet, Pheasant or Grapevine, they would have crucified me :S

Edit...BTW my next door neighbours lived and grew up in Paddington, "Symon and Camilla", She was at the same school as Peter Frampton...ring any bells !