& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ELECTRIC WARRIOR

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 12 years 1 week ago #4764

• cheri
crazy horse wrote:
jackpot1 wrote:
Crazy Horse, are you going to Shepherds Bush September 15th for the Commemorative concert?
Steve is singing two songs I hear. I'm trying to get free for the evening. Booked up with family/school stuff at the mo. Hope it's not sold out! Hey, don't even know IF tickets are on sale yet.
..........JACKPOT ,unfortunatly i will not be at the gig (i wish i was) due to a long term health problem ,but i hope you make it there ,and have a absolute ball
Crazy Horse, I'm sorry to hear that you have a long-term health problem. I hope that it doesn't interfere with your attendance at the Birmingham gig and the before and after parties. I am hoping to meet you as you were the first person on this site that helped me to find Steve's CDs and DVDs. Will you be at Birmingham?

Cheri
The topic has been locked.

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 12 years 1 week ago #4765

• crazy horse
CHERI ,thanks for your kind words ,but no i wont be at birmingham,but i promise that we will meet (eventually) ,try and stop me!!!!! (you never know ,i havent done the states yet) :)

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 12 years 1 week ago #4773

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
.........ALI it dosent matter weather you were born at the time or not ,and im not looking for anything inpaticular, im just trying to start a conversation about something that means a lot to me,and if i cant do that on the HARLEY site then theres nowhere else to talk about it ,and im sure we would all love to hear you verbal meanderings about MARC and his music .In the words of LED ZEPLIN RAMBLE ON!!!!! :)

Here's a ramble for ya Crazy Horse:

Sooo...

Much like how I discovered Mr.Steve, I found Mr.Marc through a little film that changed my life; Velvet Goldmine. I had grown up listening to local rock and roll stations with my parents, and while occastionally they would throw Bang a Gong my way, I didn't really hear Marc's music until I saw Velvet Goldmine. The songs that stuck out most for me on the soundtrack I picked up were Steve's Make Me Smile,T.Rex's Diamond Meadows and 20th Centuray Boy (Covered by the lovely band Placebo.) So you see, even before I really knew who Steve was, or that him and Marc had been friends, their sounds were ingrained together into my mind for good that year.

A picture I did of Marc and Steve to cheer up a friend last year.

I played that friggen soundtrack like 8 million times that summer of my highschool graduation and the year or so afterwards. I went looking for more. Unfortunately, my next trip to my local music shop, they only had one T.Rex CD and no Cockney Rebel. I managed to find Electric Warrior Sessions. I was in love. Soon after a friend who was as enthusiastic about music as I was got me a 2 disc "glam rock" collection that had Children of the Revolution, 20th Century Boy (finally by Marc himself) and two from Steve (Judy Teen and Sebastion) I think I listened to that CD till it broke.

I would dance around the house and be so happy because I had discovered a world of sound that I felt was really welcoming to me. I felt like it was me-music. My favorite songs off Electric Warrior were Life's a Gas, Cosmic Dancer and Jeepster. It was the coolest music I'd ever heard. I made myself a little T.Rex shirt (which I still have) and my life was never the same.

I was starting college, and I had all my favorite songs burned on a couple mix CDs. I always had my CD player on me as I walked around campus. I'm often a very shy person and
anxious too, even more so ten years ago. I used music like a shield, and ain't no better music shield than 20th Century Boy howling in your ears! Even now, my ipod is pretty much just jam packed with Marc and Steve albums. They are powerful stuff.

I was and am still so sad that he died a couple years before I was born. The world lost such a beautiful, talented spirit in him. But you guys know that. :(

PS: Crazy Horse, dude, so sad to hear you won't be making it to Birmingham. If you do get to the states you should come to Western New York. It's pretty awesome and I will show you a good time. :) Hope you are feeling well today.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 12 years 1 week ago #4774

• cheri
crazy horse wrote:
CHERI ,thanks for your kind words ,but no i wont be at birmingham,but i promise that we will meet (eventually) ,try and stop me!!!!! (you never know ,i havent done the states yet) :)
Crazy Horse, I'm really disappointed that you won't be at Birmingham. Please reconsider!! There ARE seats left and we will all miss you there. You were my first contact on this website and a very helpful presence. I'm so sorry that we won't meet this coming November. :( At least you are back on this forum. :)

Cheri

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 12 years 1 week ago #4775

• crazy horse
ALI & CHERI ,WOW ,VELVET GOLDMINE ,one of my favorite movies with a soundtrack to die for ,i dont think theres a bad track on their ,rebel ,bolan ,and i especially like some of the early roxy stuff on their and a few tracks off ENO ,S HERE COME THE WARM JETS album(babys on fire ,camels eye) ,another album i adore ,I dont know what its like in the states for getting hold of BOLAN,,BOWIE ,COCKNEY REBEL , stuff but if theres ever anything you cant get hold of let me know ,i can get my hands on most stuff ,as iv been a collector (mainly vinyl) for most of my life ,and up till a couple of years ago i used to deal in vinyl /CDs at trade fairs mainly to support my collecting habit ,which now includes over around 18 hundred vinyl albums ,500 CDs a god knows how many singles ,box sets ,memorabilia ,and kitchen sinks ,the last time i checked i had over eightie T-REX vinyl albums including foreign pressings ,and am currently waitng for the 40th anniv electric warrior box set ,oh and a three foot framed print of MARC BOLAN on canvas (iv got the collecting bug bad baby!) .Cheri im really honestly touched by your warmth and kindness and promise in time i shall repay the heartwarming compliment ,keep the BOLAN chat going ,and BIG LUV to you both :)

Re:ELECTRIC WARRIOR 12 years 1 week ago #4776

• crazy horse
P.S. me, new york and a good time ,im already halfway there (in my head)