Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Birmingham Gig show some Respect

Re:The Birmingham Gig show some Respect 12 years 2 weeks ago #4732

• Chopper
It is just a shame that it has'nt sold out yet.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The Birmingham Gig show some Respect 12 years 2 weeks ago #4733

• jollyroger
Hi Chopper - maybe you missed some earlier Diary pieces from SH. It's clear that the few remaining seats would sell out in seconds, IF they bought a National newspaper (Mail on Sunday/Sunday Times) ad.
But SH has gone on record as saying that the fun thing would be to wait til it goes compleyely out, then buy the ad with Sold Out across it. This will be a great publicity move, and great for Syteve's image within the music industry. Not a penny spent on advertising yet, apart from the flyers I guess, and eight months to go. No pity there, mate. I think the whole Comeuppance/SH ploy has been tremendously adroit. To all intents and purposes, they must be thinking it really sold out weeks ago!! And they've saved, at my estimation, about £12,000 in Advertising from their budget for the one-off show. Good business.

Re:The Birmingham Gig show some Respect 12 years 2 weeks ago #4740

• Hobo With A Gin.
  • Ian.
I know that some Marc Almond fans have bought tickets because of a thread on one of his fan pages, some who have never seen Steve live, but because Marc has covered 'Sebastian' on his recent tour and some ealier gigs they are interested in hearing more.
The appearance at the Marc Bolan Memorial gig will sell tickets, too, if there are any left by then.

Re:The Birmingham Gig show some Respect 12 years 2 weeks ago #4741

• crazy horse
Maelitta wrote:
crazy horse wrote:
CHILL OUT PEOPLE!! this is only rock n roll!! ,every time iv seen the man he has always encouraged audience participation ,and i dont think the man would appreciate everyone sittin there like show room dummies.A professioal P.A. system verses one drunk means the P.A is going to win everytime .And dont forget the huge amount of performing experience steve has ,im sure he is more than capable of handling any situation

Yep ! As we know Steve Harley, a good slap on the ears :laugh:
Anyway, Big Dave is quiet funny.
(what's a P.A, Donny ?)
[/quote]...........MAELITA a P.A. also known as a public adress system are those big black square things that sit at either side of the stage ,so you can hear the band ,and they also drown out "loonies" apparently :)

Re:The Birmingham Gig show some Respect 12 years 2 weeks ago #4742

• Maelitta
:)

Re:The Birmingham Gig show some Respect 12 years 2 weeks ago #4745

• Paul Friett
Now thinking of Rachel drowning loonies in a big black square thing...
:S