Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cavaliers cover from Psychomodo album

Re:Cavaliers cover from Psychomodo album 12 years 3 weeks ago #4355

• prima donna
What is up with you lot? i am entitled to my opinion, did i say he was useless, no, did i say others shouldnt enjoy it, no, i stated my opinion put your toys back in the pram!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Cavaliers cover from Psychomodo album 12 years 3 weeks ago #4356

• crazy horse
prima donna wrote:
Maybe i am the odd one out but i really dont see the point of these covers?? If i am missing something please feel free in pointing me in the right direction, as far as i am concerned i have many recordings of all these covers in different versions why do i want someone else except Steve singing one of his songs to me? I can remember when the first compilation LP's came out and someone else was singing instead of Steve so i didnt buy it, surely this is the same thing?
By the way i have recorded myself singing MMS in Karaoke last Christmas in my local pub, any buyers?? I very much doubt it!!
you asked people to "point you in the right direction if you were missing something" and when they do you tell them to put their "toys back in their pram" you also say you have "many recordings of these covers" and then say "why do i want someone else besides steve singing" need i say more ,i say give the kid a break he is making music not mugging pensioners

Re:Cavaliers cover from Psychomodo album 12 years 3 weeks ago #4357

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
I'm not mad about covers of Steve's song. I see Steve's songs as being sacred somehow, I mean, imagine if Will Young or Susan Boyle released "Sebastian" :woohoo: but they say that imitation is the highest form of flattery and I guess that's why many of us want to know the chords and lyrics to Steve's songs.
I think nebjosa75 does a pretty good job of singing Steve's songs and I liked his Cavaliers but I've had a little look at his youtube channel and I preferred this one .....but I haven't listened to them all.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Cavaliers cover from Psychomodo album 12 years 3 weeks ago #4358

• prima donna
Crazy Horse please show me where someone or anyone has pointed me in the right direction?
You have your opinion and i have mine.
Can i please ask why you decided to name yourself after a Osmonds Song!???

Re:Cavaliers cover from Psychomodo album 12 years 3 weeks ago #4359

• crazy horse
i didnt christen myself any name(as iv explained before) ,i was given it ,and native americans were around a long time before the osmonds ,i hope that answers your question ,incidentally why did you name yourself after a sulky ballerina ? :P

Re:Cavaliers cover from Psychomodo album 12 years 3 weeks ago #4360

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Prima Donna- You can come off as antagonistic sometimes. We're sorry if you do not mean it that way. It's hard to tell with out the inflection of voice, so one must tread carefully when words themselves, in black and white are all we have to judge by. You pepper your posts with "What's up you lot?" and "toys back in their pram" and "grow up" it rubs people the wrong way.

I've forgiven you for having a go at me last year when you questioned my integrity and whether I was telling the truth or not. You even went so far as to tell me to cancel my tickets.

I'm going to go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt that you are merely *very enthusiastic* about things and slightly flippant. I think everyone deserves that much! :) There is so definitely room on this board for everyone. We CR fans are definitely a passionate, talkative bunch, so don't be surprised when an passionate opinion gets a passionate reaction. It always does around here!
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel