Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: York Barbican Centre

York Barbican Centre 9 years 3 months ago #9997

• Graham Middleton
When I suggested after Wakefield that I would like to hear some new old songs, I didn't expect a new new song!

I think it is called 'Ordinary People' and it is 'work in progress'.

The revivals were 'All In a Life's Work', 'All Men Are Hungry' and 'Nothing Is Sacred.'

'Tumbling Down' was dedicated to Julie Briwn.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: York Barbican Centre 9 years 3 months ago #9998

• WMOORE
Another quality night - the new song was superb and hopefully a taste of the new album.

The 'revivals' were well received and added to the occasion - nothing is sacred made the night.

Thanks to all involved and what a smart jacket!!

Re:York Barbican Centre 9 years 3 months ago #9999

• Patrick
An excellent night - slightly spoiled by some idiots who turned up for the second set and proceeded to talk (loudly) mess about with phones and be a general pain.....they got told to be quiet in my usual timid Bolton style...and promptly left!

The set list was perfect, with my request for All Men Are Hungry fulfilled and the addition of the new song made it an even better gig

Great view from 3 rows back...fanx to the nice couple who swapped seats so I could sit next to the better half.

£10 for 2 pints of ropey lager? Still paid it though! Lol

As jackets go it certainly looked expensive.

Re:York Barbican Centre 9 years 3 months ago #10001

• groverhead
There was a really great atmosphere in the Barbican, one that Steve is so good at creating. You get the sense of drama and poetry, mixed all of a sudden with droll, funny speech. Steve is pretty well unique, I think, in that way. Leonard Cohen is like it, though, so he's in good company! Loved the set - All Men Are Hungry s a personal fav, and the new song went down brilliantly. Sounded like a radio 2 hit to my ears!! Let's hope so, then Steve might get more of the recognition he so richly deserves. Great sound, too, and the lighting was really subtle. All in all, a brilliant night. The standing ovations were well deserved.

Re: York Barbican Centre 9 years 3 months ago #10005

• cheri
WMOORE wrote:
Another quality night - the new song was superb and hopefully a taste of the new album.

The 'revivals' were well received and added to the occasion - nothing is sacred made the night.

Thanks to all involved and what a smart jacket!!
Does anyone have a link to the new song??? And the smart jacket? ;) Wish I could have been there, you lucky people.

Cheri

Re:York Barbican Centre 9 years 3 months ago #10015

• MARTWEB1957
:) what a night.
Enjoyed by my whole family, all there to see SH again.
Old favourites and new (very new by all accounts).

A big thanx to Steve for including "(Love) Compared With You", an obvious late addition....
Did you really read my post for the York set list request. ;)

And so much energy! great gig Steve, and from the audience as well made it a great night!

Thanx also Steve, for signing my original "Human Menagerie" vinyl :).

Martin :)
A Very Happy Guy.....
  • Page: