Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: WAKEFIELD, WAREHOUSE 23

Re:WAKEFIELD, WAREHOUSE 23 9 years 5 months ago #9910

• RachelPAtoSH
Steve is interested in hearing any specific "old songs (not often played Live) fans would like to hear at York.
He's keen to help it be a memorable night, being so close to Christmas. No promises, but let's hear your choices!! Thank you,
Rachel
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:WAKEFIELD, WAREHOUSE 23 9 years 5 months ago #9917

• cheri
God, Jimbo, you're killing me!! The full band is my absolute favorite of the "three heads": symphony, full band and acoustic trio. Every time I see a live band I wish I was watching Steve and the band. I am completely spoiled now because no other live band lives up to the experience of seeing Cockney Rebel.

Please tell Julie that I am thinking about her and hope she feels better very soon. I can also speak for Kathy, who writes to her occasionally.

I'm trying to think of some songs that are not usually played that I would like to hear, even though I cannot be there to hear them. This is completely off the top of my head, but here goes:

When I'm With You
The Last Feast
That's My Life in Your Hands
Nothing is Sacred
It Wasn't Me
Faith & Virtue
All Men are Hungry
The Last Goodbye
Only You

But, of course, I always want to hear my favorites, namely Saturday Night at the Fair, Riding the Waves, The Best Years of our Lives, Coast of Amalfi (a pure GEM of a song), and Journey's End. I don't agree that The Lighthouse should be abandoned because Barry really does such an outstanding solo. Anyway, that's just my two cents.

I hope all of you have a wonderful time at the concerts. God, I wish I could be there. Have fun!!! :D

Love, Cheri

Re:WAKEFIELD, WAREHOUSE 23 9 years 5 months ago #9921

• groverhead
Hello Cheri - don't want to rub salt in the wounds but you missed a real cracker at Wakefield. Steve was on fire from the word Go! No interval, just two and a half hours nearly of high-class music. Fascinating lyrics, memorable melodies all through the set and some top-class playing from the band. In such a long show, it seems right that Steve allows a few long solos, to show off the talent up there. The Lighthouse shows Barry as an amazing violinist. Sling It's improvisation shows the jazzy side to Steve's music and the playing is always top-notch! Wakefield show was packed with a special energy, partly because the crowd were singing from the off, and Steve fed off our energy, and us off his - I'll be bringing my brother who hasn't seen Steve since 1988 to York. Counting time like a meat hog!

Re:WAKEFIELD, WAREHOUSE 23 9 years 5 months ago #9928

• cheri
Groverhead, no!!! You're killing me. :( It sounds like a spectacular show. And part of the thrill for me in the live shows is what you said about Steve feeding off the audience, and the audience feeding about Steve. It's a phenomenon I experienced at my very first show at the Indigo O2 in London in 2011. Have never seen ANY live show better than Steve's, either before or after. Now I feel even more terrible that I could not be there. :(

Cheri

Re:York show 9 years 5 months ago #9929

• graybod
Would love to hear timeless flight also don't go don't cry

Re:WAKEFIELD, WAREHOUSE 23 9 years 5 months ago #9930

• RachelPAtoSH
Hi Graybod: which song are you referring to, when you ask for "Timeless Flight"?

Rachel