Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cadbury's Sisters' cover of Make Me Smile.

Cadbury's Sisters' cover of Make Me Smile. 9 years 5 months ago #9901

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
This song sounds so different sung by a female voice. I know. I recorded a version myself, warbling and echoing in our conservatory a few years ago. I was a bit worried that the Cadbury's Sisters' version would sound like mine. It doesn't. Theirs is much better......if a bit slow!
Shame it's just the b-side!!

What does everyone else think?
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Cadbury's Sisters' cover of Make Me Smile. 9 years 5 months ago #9902

• iantanner
Yes, I like it. Very different but I think its great and I think that it will get some good airplay.

Re:Cadbury's Sisters' cover of Make Me Smile. 9 years 5 months ago #9903

• Maggie Jones
I love it. My husband thinks it's "sexy and deep" and my grown up kids think it will be played on Radio 1. Gets better with hearing a few times. The Cadbury Sisters have done a great song proud, is our opinion, really original

Re:Cadbury's Sisters' cover of Make Me Smile. 9 years 4 months ago #9978

• GedKen
Here they are on Youtube. :)

Re:Cadbury's Sisters' cover of Make Me Smile. 9 years 4 months ago #9979

• cheri
Thanks, GedKen. I was not able to see it with the link provided. I think it is interesting, but I really prefer Steve's version. You know, it was Steve singing his song that somehow caught my attention and turned it right around. Something about it and the following journey of discovery of his other songs compelled me to make 3 trans-atlantic trips to hear him live, find lots of kindred spirits in England that are true friends, and begin some kind of revolution or evolution in my very being. I can't explain it. I can never get enough. Every concert leaves me wanting more. I guess it was just a combination of "What is this I'm hearing?" and a sense of joy that got to me. So, this version by the Cadbury Sisters is interesting, but if I had heard this song instead of Steve's original, I would not be on this forum, nor would I have ever heard of any of you, lol. :D What else can I say?

Cheri

Re:Cadbury's Sisters' cover of Make Me Smile. 9 years 4 months ago #9980

• WMOORE
Let's hope we don't get this version in York!!