& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity

Re:Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 8 years 10 months ago #10428

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
stewart g wrote:
Sorry I'm a little late Stella,but just wanted to say a big well done to you and yours!Something to be very proud of and to have shared the experience with some of your family must be very special.God Bless,Stewart. :)

Thanks Stewart. :)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 6 years 4 months ago #12590

• Stella Day
I'm off again in May next year.
wtwalk.org/moonwalklondon2018/stella-day...tella-walks-the-walk
Fivers and Tenners welcome.

Re:Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 6 years 4 months ago #12591

• Stella Day
Bless you, those who have generously donated so far.
Many thanks to Stewart Griffin and. especially to Steve who also allows me to share my pleas for donations here.
Xx

Re:Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 6 years 3 weeks ago #12699

• Stella Day
Six weeks to go now until my 2018 Moonwalk and training's going well but still only £137.80 raised.
Please think about donating what you can, large or small, to this very worthy cause.
You'll be in good company.
wtwalk.org/moonwalklondon2018/stella-day...tella-walks-the-walk
Come on. What are you waiting for?

Re:Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 5 years 11 months ago #12726

• Stella Day
Ok so only four more sleeps to go until this Moonwalk on the 12th.
Training has gone well and both my daughter Jasmine and I have lost stones.........always an added bonus.
Think of us, those of you who will be seeing Steve in London on the evening of the 12th as we pound the streets in our decorated bras and pink cowboy hats.
This is the final plea for donations, however small.
Photos of us in our medals will be posted here on Sunday and then I'll leave this forum for purely Harley related subjects.
Here's the link again. Donating through everydayhero is easy and safe.
Thanks for supporting this very worthy cause. And thanks to Steve for allowing me to post here.
Xxx
moonwalklondon2018.everydayhero.com/uk/s...tella-walks-the-walk
If anyone would prefer to support my daughter Jasmine's page. The link is as follows.

wtwalk.org/moonwalklondon2018/jasmine-1

I am writing this on the train on my way home from Pizza Express. I wore high heels tonight. That was a big mistake. My feet are killing me!
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Stella Day. Reason: Spieling

Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 5 years 11 months ago #12734

• Stella Day
Hurrah. We did it. Absolutely cream-crackered.

Edit:
Such a fun night and an awesome atmosphere amongst thousands of others ( mostly women) as we line-danced to a Dolly Parton tribute. For the London moonwalk the groups of walkers are set off in staggered start waves and after a bit of a wait our group 4 set off at 11.30pm and after an extremely slow start (due to limited numbers at a time,being able to use a pedestrian crossing as we left Clapham Common) got moving at a steady pace about Midnight.With just two "comfort breaks" we managed to arrive st the finish line at 8.30 am and were awarded our medals which was a very proud moment.
Many walk the walk in memories of loved ones, as teams and the short messages of love on their team tshirts were very moving. It's easy to think of it as a fun night with more of a hen night feeling to it than anything else. Nina Barough, the founder of Walk the Walk and who started the whole movement going in 1996 when a group of just 13 women power walked a marathon in New York, held a one minute hand-holding minute's silence and gave a great motivational speech before we left. She said many profound things but the only phrase I can accurately recall, which referred to the rain which looked set to blight our walk was "...and so what if it's raining? Breast cancer doesn't care if it's raining and nor do we".
So far, including some last minute donations, we have raised just over £700 between us. So many thanks go to all those who donated and grateful thanks to Steve for letting me post here.
This was my third and last London Moonwalk (though the first one in 2004 was just a half marathon). I just don't think I could face doing it again.
However, Walk the Walk have other challenges including the 100 mile Camino walk to Santiago de Compostela
I have registered my interest for October 2019 so watch this space.......
P.S. Thankfully it didn't rain at all during the walk.
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Stella Day.