Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: He got nothing to protect but his pride

He got nothing to protect but his pride 9 years 5 months ago #9805

• stewart g
Great to read the postings from Fans who will be at The Lowry on Friday.I love the venue-easily my favourite place in the North!Set in the heart of The Industrial Revolution the place just breathes history and stories of people of days gone by.All backed by the fantastic Gallery featuring those great iconic paintings by L.S.Lowry of people and their journey's of life.
The venue for me has a great Karma and when I'm there I always find myself thinking of people and times.My Grandad worked on the Docks pre 2nd World War it was a very difficult time,,but he had a spirit,wisdom and a joy of life that I'll never forget.
Just recently I heard a session on 6 Music that Steve and Barry did,recorded at Salford Quays ( I think),the thing that struck me the most from the session were the words " He got nothing to protect but his pride",the words just keep going around in my head! so true of my Grandad,but also so true of us all-we all need our pride! without that we have nothing!
L.S.Lowry was a man of pride and obviously so too are Steve,Barry and James-they ooze it and it comes across so much in the music they play.Steve's words for me never sound better than at The Lowry and I'm sure it will be a great night!
And me? well I'm just proud that on Friday I'll be able to say " Hello" to some very nice people and also proud that I'll be able to listen to many great songs that still touch my heart and inspire :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.