Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Glasgow Wednesday 22nd October

Re:Glasgow Wednesday 22nd October 9 years 5 months ago #9834

• shws2014
I don't think you've read my post properly - if I go to see Steve Harley on Thurs & my other band on Friday I'll end up with a ticket for my other gig on Thurs that I can't use or get a refund for AND would be out of pocket for my Friday ticket for the second gig PLUS travel costs to get there out of town .. how happy would YOU be ?! :-(
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Glasgow Wednesday 22nd October 9 years 5 months ago #9835

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
shws2014 wrote:
I don't think you've read my post properly - if I go to see Steve Harley on Thurs & my other band on Friday I'll end up with a ticket for my other gig on Thurs that I can't use or get a refund for AND would be out of pocket for my Friday ticket for the second gig PLUS travel costs to get there out of town .. how happy would YOU be ?! :-(
I read your post properly. If you get a refund on the Harley ticket and see the other band instead you won't be out of pocket, will you? I wouldn't be happy either but like I said, sometimes life's just like that. We all have disappointments caused by matters out of our control. I missed one Harley gig because of complications in childbirth( we both lived ;)) I think the phrase"You'll just have to suck it up" is the one my kids would use. :laugh:
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Glasgow Wednesday 22nd October 9 years 5 months ago #9836

• shws2014
'Suck it up' ? Sorry but what a ridiculous expression.

My original post was explaining why there should be no reason I or anyone else should have to miss Steve Harley & all because the promoter's screwed up with the venue & dates.

It's only because folk like yourself meekly accept these situations that promoters continue to tread people this way.

I wonder what the band think about these situations.

Re:Glasgow Wednesday 22nd October 9 years 5 months ago #9837

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
I agree "Suck it up" is a ridiculous expression. It's what the kids are saying though. I like to keep up :laugh: Don't know much about how promoters work myself but can understand their logic in condensing the two audiences into one night if both nights were undersold. Sorry shws2014, I didn't mean to make light of your predicament.

I expect the band are pissed off too. :(
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Glasgow Wednesday 22nd October 9 years 5 months ago #9838

• James T
When I read he was playing two consecutive nights at the same venue, I thought it was a typo - has this ever happened before? Far more sensible to have the second of two gigs elsewhere in Scotland.

Re:Glasgow Wednesday 22nd October 9 years 5 months ago #9841

• cheri
shws2014, I think you are being a bit too hard on Stella. She's only trying to help. Just my 2 cents.

Cheri