Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Pocklington (2 shows) & Hebden Bridge

Pocklington (2 shows) & Hebden Bridge 9 years 6 months ago #9790

• Noelternative
I've just seen Barry with Steve and James of course at the two shows in Pocklington last week.I have to say that I had the pleasure to meet both Jimbo & Julie B at the first show. Then last night . Hebden Bridge Trades Club ! What a night ! Steve had a request for Make Me Smile before it's time and on this occasion he duly obliged with a version of the song the way that he wrote it. The Guys had just played 'True love will find you in the end' and Barry still had the violin in his hands. Steve just started the song off the cuff and just beckoned to Barry and James to back him up on the slowed down version. Coming to the solo Barry played it perfectly on violin ! At the end Steve wanted to leave the place rocking so we had the uptempo MMS this time Barry playing along on guitar with another great solo ! The place was going mental at the end! Of course Barry treated us to another brilliant improvised 'Lighthouse' solo and received a standing ovation for his efforts.
Bought Mr H a well deserved pint of Guinness and delivered it to him on stage while he was mid oratory. The gift was very humbly received I might add.
Special Night !!!
Steve said so himself and he wouldn't forget it ! Nor shall we.
Great guys ! Just keeps getting better !!! :woohoo:
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Pocklington (2 shows) & Hebden Bridge 9 years 6 months ago #9792

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Good to meet you too Paul,never made it to Hebden Bridge after all was at holyhead docks an hour before the gig.....even I couldnt manage that one!
Defo at Manchester on friday with Julie Brown,overnight stay at premier inn salford quays,see you all there,
Jimbo ;)
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
Please login/register to post on the forum.