Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Steve & Barry (Radio 6 Marc Riley)

Re:Steve & Barry (Radio 6 Marc Riley) 9 years 6 months ago #9756

• GedKen
Thanks for flagging this up; a really enjoyable treat. :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Steve & Barry (Radio 6 Marc Riley) 9 years 6 months ago #9757

• cockneyr3bel
I'm one of the sad people that still works with VHS,so I stuck a video in free view box,and recorded it,was truly amazing,when I listened to journey's end this afternoon,it brought a few tears,(for my own personal reasons),I'm not sure if I got all the interview but did get all three tracks,I also let a video run through on Gideons show,but have yet to trawl through to find Steve !!!!

Re:Steve & Barry (Radio 6 Marc Riley) 9 years 6 months ago #9758

• RichW
stewart g wrote:
And another thing...Marc Riley also mentioned last night that another song had been recorded for the Gideon Coe show by Steve and Barry.Anyone any idea of the track and how we can hear it? :)

Hi Stewart. Just trawled through Gideon's programme from last night, Steve does Friend for Life on around 2 hours 52 mins. :)

link:
www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04j6fmd

Re:Steve & Barry (Radio 6 Marc Riley) 9 years 6 months ago #9759

• newiejudy
cockneyr3bel wrote:
I'm one of the sad people that still works with VHS,so I stuck a video in free view box,and recorded it,was truly amazing,when I listened to journey's end this afternoon,it brought a few tears,(for my own personal reasons),I'm not sure if I got all the interview but did get all three tracks,I also let a video run through on Gideons show,but have yet to trawl through to find Steve !!!!

I tried the link but of course its not available way down here in Australia so am hoping my LOVELY FRIEND might send me a copy sometime xx

Re:Steve & Barry (Radio 6 Marc Riley) 9 years 6 months ago #9760

• Sanchez
Yo can here Come Up And See Me here on a site where Steve is playing on 4th Oct in Derbyshire.

audioboom.com/boos/2510004-steve-harley-on-6music#t=4m20s

Re:Steve & Barry (Radio 6 Marc Riley) 9 years 6 months ago #9764

• Graeme
It was a great session Stew. Amazing how 2 great musicians with just a guitar and violin can so sound. But despite your kind words I can't take any credit for the appearance as I haven't worked there for 7 years....although I did bump into Marc and have a quick chat at the gents toilets at this year's Human Menagerie/Psychomodo gig at Bridgewater Hall. Marc is a big fan, so Steve appearance was no surprise...if a tad overdue must like Later with Jools where the wait for an appearance since Yes you Can is way way overdue.