Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: royal albert hall a dream come true

royal albert hall a dream come true 9 years 9 months ago #9536

• crazyraver5884
Well were do i start about Saturdat Night, there is simply no words that could justify how it truely out of this world it was. Firstly the RAH ia an amazing venue, and I am so glad both myself and dad decided to go the full works all suited and booted for our fist ever visit and to had the best 30th Birthday present being here. I mean who wouldnt want to have seen steve and the band here in RAH for their 30th bday.

Any way back to the gig. As the hall filled up the atmospher grew and by the time steve, the band and the choir & orcestor can on stage we were ready to rise the roof. As usual Robbie, James and Barry never fail to impress us with their talents and joy to be on the stage. Although to have heard barrys solo to lighthouse being played here would have been magical. Adam smashed the drums as myself and dad sat front row, showed we were really getting into it and we were drumming along with him. Steve Norman brings so must energy to stage, so enthusiastic in all the instruments he plays, right down to tiny chime of a bell, dancing & singing along to all the songs.

The choir and orcestor where absolutly outstanding. I saw them in birmingham and manchester and they seem to have really connect with the band and relaxed. It was get to see Bill Dyer on Bass, stuart elliott on drums, and a very very speacial appearance for all the audience was to see Jim Creagan, who with steve they bounced off each othe.

There were so many highlights of the evening but make me smile really finnished it off for me. The energy and fun on stage at this part of the night was great. Adam & steve N bashing the tamberines and singing the OHH La La LA's great lads.

Mr Harley you never fail to connect with your fans. Myself am touched by your songs and the passion you put into each song and performance, leaving every gig on a high like others have stated.

Last but not least our preyers and thoughts are with Lincoln, you are truley missed on stage and i'am sure all fans are wishing you well.

I not really one to to write such essays, but couldnt let saturday night be missed out on how happy your fans are and how amazing steve, the band and all associated with are.

See you in chester and manchester next xx
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:royal albert hall a dream come true 9 years 9 months ago #9553

• trace
I can't really add much that hasn't already been said about Saturday night at the RAH. What a time! My first time at this venue and the memory will last a lifetime. The band were excellent as usual; complemented by the charismatic Mr Norman. Orchestra, choir and fabulous conductor spot on again. Thoughts go out to Lincoln, hope he is on the mend. It was a privilidge to be there and share the vibe with so many other like- minded fans of a certain age; so many smiling faces! Thanks to all for an unforgettable experience. XX

Re:royal albert hall a dream come true 9 years 9 months ago #9557

• Becky
Hi,

Thanks SH/CR, Swan Orchestra and Choir ('posh birds' Ha! :laugh:) and all at the RAH for the most magical, emotional and fun night of my life. It has all been said, but one of the reasons I went to my first Harley concert, way back in July 2013! was due to the passionate words of Steve's fans, particularly here on the Forum - Steve and the Band did the rest in a roasting Greenwich Borough Hall; I booked tickets for Manchester the day they went on sale.

A massive thanks to everyone who has posted footage of Saturday's concert; I'm listening to Steve singing Hideaway as I type - both gorgeous! ;)

All good things,

Becky x

Re:royal albert hall a dream come true 9 years 9 months ago #9559

• Tglyn
Great post Becky....same here non stop ytube and the Birmingham DVD. wonderful wonderful audience, just watch and enjoy, amazing... I can't stop chatting about the shows as everyone knows up and down our Road, many new fans after last weekend
Tony
Ps have moved the DVD to Death Trip once again, to hear the build up by the orchestra and choir towards the end is heaven to my ears, has a strange effect on me and I never want it to finish...