Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Birm, Manchester, RAH then Birm

Birm, Manchester, RAH then Birm 9 years 8 months ago #9528

• Tglyn
What more can be said, the lad from New Cross came great performing the full shows. How great everyone was in the choir, orchestra, the band and Stephen himself a true genius. I am proud of him and to be part of the family. It was fantastic to see everyone loving the shows and wow what locations, Lovely to see and meet old friends at the shows again..I am lost for words sorry but wow history was made for every one of us

Tony
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Birm, Manchester, RAH then Birm 9 years 8 months ago #9529

• jollyroger
Well said, Tony. RAH was spectacular in all ways - the setting, the sound, the lights, the dynamics, the charisma of Steve himself....fantastic to see the man in such form after so many years. The energy, the voice, the sheer joy his smile emanates. Others have said elsewhere recently, "There's nobody else like him" and I think that's about true!

Re:Birm, Manchester, RAH then Birm 9 years 8 months ago #9530

• Tglyn
Totally agree as he gives us 110%. The great man and band were in great spirits after the show, good to see and chat with them all...What next can he come up with, only time will tell but I am sure he needs a bit of a rest at the moment after performing the highlights of his long career for us....he cares so much. Tony
I am lost for words to say about our Stephen as he is brilliant, never did we know he would play the Albert Hall and Symphony Hall when he was a little lad starting his music career....love him to bits...Tony
Still playing the DVD...and original LP's

Re:Birm, Manchester, RAH then Birm 9 years 8 months ago #9540

• cheri
Tony, your love and pride for Steve just pour out. :) I SO WISH I could have been at the Royal Albert Hall to see the concert. It is the one I most wanted to attend. I hope to be able to come back to England and see him again, I just don't know when.

At least I got to attend the first big one, Birmingham, in 2012. We had such a fun pre-party and after-party with all of the fans, and at the time he had never done anything like it, with the symphony and choir. I really enjoy the smaller venues, too, where we can all get "up close and personal," and where we can hear a wide range of his songs. I hope to do that again sometime.

In the meantime, keep posting. I'm sure it means a lot to Steve to have his family backing him. It was lovely chatting to you at Bilston last November. You are so lucky to be able to attend any concert you want to, and you probably always have the best seats! :D You lucky guy, you. ;)

Love, Cheri

Re:Birm, Manchester, RAH then Birm 9 years 8 months ago #9545

• Tglyn
Hi Cheri. Thanks so much for your lovely words as they are good to hear. Watching Stephen is like watching your child at school playing say the piano, you hope and pray that nothing goes wrong. He had a few little hic-cups but simply improvised over them and for us all it was all normal, we did chuckle after though.
Lets cross our fingers that Stephen returns to the RAH once again and you can be there and enjoy his wonderful music and emotion that he puts into each song and wow how we all felt it.
We all loved Birmingham the first one and I have to admit I loved it on Sunday after traveling up from London, sounded so good as well as I never tire of watching him usually very close near the front. The orchestra and choir were out standing, the building up of the sound for say Death Trip was a highlight for me along with the lighting. It was so good watching the wonderful reception he got, so well deserved.
I always love Bilston for it's smallness and cosyness where Stephen and the wonderful band can just let go and give us the solos that for me are perfection, I will be there :)
Stephen must have been so pleased to have most of his family at the RAH that could make it, would have really love it if we could have got his dad with us, he did so much to help Stephen on his way....lovely family
Tony

Re:Birm, Manchester, RAH then Birm 9 years 8 months ago #9548

• mick_mckenzie
Brum was the third time I've seen this show, and I'd love to say something unique and clever and different from everyone else. But I can't because it was brill, fab, fantastico and all the great things that have already been said. So no new insights from me, just confirmation of what a superb night it was (not that there was ever any doubt) and that if the show is resurrected at any time I'll be having it again.

Mick
  • Page: