Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1974 Tour

Re:1974 Tour 9 years 9 months ago #9440

• GedKen
Oh to have been part of it! You lucky, lucky people. What a time! Thanks for sharing your memories.

One of the things that I have never had any cognisance of before now was the sheer heady, bravado of it all; as the MM notes in '74, this was the first pro band for any of its members, none of them came from a 'rock' background, they eschewed the use of a lead guitarist, they wore flashy clothes as opposed T-shirts and jeans, and they told everybody how good they were - and they were!

If you were there then to see first Cockney Rebel, how you must savour these times as well. What a band they were. Well done to them all. Magnificent!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:1974 Tour 9 years 9 months ago #9441

• Ray Smith
question to rebelfreak.... what Cardiff venue did you go to mate?

Re:1974 Tour 9 years 9 months ago #9443

• joanna
Thanks for all that info Gedken ...... a great read.

It only feels like a couple of years ago especially with the warm days
of late.
Why on earth did I not get to Stafford.? Argh.! :(
Smile x

Re:1974 Tour 9 years 9 months ago #9445

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
hi ray,I am sure it was Cardiff Uni,thinking about it this was probably around the later part of 1973 when 'The Human Menagerie'
was released,remember unis. were the venues of choice around then leicester,sheffield,bradford etc.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:1974 Tour 9 years 9 months ago #9474

• COVENTRY DAVE
I was at the Coventry Locarno gig. The local rag made big of Steves "t-shirt strip"..........and when he broke a string he dangled it in front of the girls at the front of the stage.
But i'd already seen them once before, when they did the Lanchester Arts Festival at the local poly, ( the Lanch ). They wore the suits as on the sleeve of Human Menagerie. This was Feb 5th, a few days after the Radio 1 In Concert, and a few days before the Whistle Test gig. Then i also saw the embryonic new band at the Benefit gig for Northern Ireland at The Rainbow in October.
3 times in 74..........magic !!
  • Page: