Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Oh But It's Magic It's The Best Years Of Our Lives

Oh But It's Magic It's The Best Years Of Our Lives 9 years 10 months ago #9364

• stewart g
Great to read That The Best Years Of Our Lives Definitive Edition will be released in June,following on from the superb Cavaliers Box set.It's excellent to see the story continuing!The Best Years Of Our Lives cost me £2.25 when I bought the album in 1975,easily the best £2.25 I ever spent!I loved every bit if it and had to buy the album again a couple of years later as I'd hammered my first copy so much! From the slapstick intro to George Ford saying at the end on the fade out " You musn't laugh at the end!" or words to that effect! it really was/is a great album.When it was released Record Mirror said "Steve's third album demands attention.It is completely fullfilling a monster unleashed" whilst The Melody Maker said " This is a great album a major restatement from a singer who really has the ultimate weapon in his fight for survival-heart"

It will be so nice on this particular June night when this box set hits the door mat!! ;)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: Oh But It's Magic It's The Best Years Of Our Lives 9 years 10 months ago #9365

• Pandorah
Absolutely ! Stuart I remember all the reviews / articles ( don't get me on that one again ! My beloved news cuttings/scrapbooks memorabilia! , discarded to the shed ! In the 80's . Late 90s )
I've ordered two copies of Amazon ages ago! Can't wait for them to arrive:-)

Re: Oh But It's Magic It's The Best Years Of Our Lives 9 years 10 months ago #9366

• GedKen
Indeed Stewart, and hopefully a new album later in the year! A great year (....and Judy Teen played on the local radio today).

Re:Oh But It's Magic It's The Best Years Of Our Lives 9 years 9 months ago #9433

• stewart g
It was great to hear Linda Lewis a few weeks ago with Johnnie Walker on Sounds Of The 70's,talking about her memories from those times and choosing songs that meant a lot to her.One of the choices was Make Me Smile :) I believe Linda has recently played a concert in London and she sings as well as ever! Not sure if it could ever happen? but she would be a fine choice as a backing singer for The Best Years dates next year. ;)