Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Best Years Live.

The Best Years Live. 9 years 11 months ago #9343

• Mr Raffles
Love what Steve is planning for next year. The complete 'Best Years of our Lives' album performed live for the first half of the set and a selection of his best work for the second half. Maybe we as fans can follow Steve's suggestion and each nominate our own personal top ten songs which could make up the content of the second half of the show. Sounds like an explosive mix!! I love 'Best Years of our Lives' as an album and tracks like Back to the Farm, 49th Parallel, It Wasn't Me are all songs that deserve to be heard live a lot more. My vote would also go to Another Journey as a B-Side from that period. As the flip side to Make Me Smile it got played almost as many times on my turntable as Steve's 'pension song'. I love this concept of performing complete albums live and I'm hoping that sometime early in 2016 Timeless Flight and Love's a Prima Donna will also be given the same treatment. Wow, what a thought!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The Best Years Live. 9 years 11 months ago #9344

• cheri
"It Wasn't Me" is a great song.
"Riding the Waves"
"Saturday Night at the Fair"
"Journey's End"
"A Friend for Life"
"Victim of Love"
"Ritz"
"Promises"
"Faith and Virtue"
"Coast of Amalfi"
"Psychomodo"
"The Lighthouse"
"The Last Time I Saw You"
"When I'm With You"
"Audience With The Man"
The one where we go, "We're having a party!" Sorry, can't think right now.
"True Love Will Find You In The End"
"That's My Life in Your Hands"

This isn't fair. There are too many and I can't think of all of them. :/

Cheri

Re:The Best Years Live. 9 years 11 months ago #9346

• Mr Raffles
Nice selection Cheri although it could be a bit difficult fitting all of those songs into the second half of a show! I think my choice of ten songs would have to be tracks that don't get played live that much such as Innocence and Guilt, Faith Hope and Charity, Living in a Rhapsody, Young Hearts, Everything Changes, Don't Go Don't Cry, Big Big Deal, Throw Your Soul Down Here, Singular Band and Blinded With Tears. Along with the first half of the show being made up with the entire 'Best Years' album, Another Journey, both slow acoustic Make Me Smile and up-tempo version I'd be a very happy bunny indeed!!

Re:The Best Years Live. 9 years 10 months ago #9411

• aevans1uk
How about 'Nothing is Sacred'....don't remember ever hearing that live! Love it!

Re:The Best Years Live. 9 years 10 months ago #9417

• paulng57
Try and buy Acoustic and Pure live, Steve plays 'Nothing is sacred' live (Track 1)

Re:The Best Years Live. 9 years 10 months ago #9423

• Daz401
  • I've been thro 700 changes, and thats just a few
We're having a party is man it was mean :-)