Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: RAH the 28th

RAH the 28th 9 years 11 months ago #9305

• Tglyn
I am going to the RAH on the 28th June to see Stephen and thinking about stopping in a hotel nearby, anyone know a car park that is not £50 per per 24 hours or can suggest a hotel b/b not to far away...thanks in advance...Is a there a congestion charge Saturday and.or Sunday ?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: RAH the 28th 9 years 11 months ago #9313

• Pandorah
I think you can book a parking place at a nearby collage or something ! on the Albert hall site ( it is limited though ) It's £10 . You have to put the date in of your visit to the Hall and it will tell you on a calendar if there are any available spaces left for that day / evening ! Not sure if it is 24 hours ? Thought it might be ! Anyway ! Good luck with that .
I know Some hotels have deals with the nearest NCP's . I don't know ! Just put a search in google places to stay in and around The Albert Hall !
Don't even know myself yet if I'm staying over or training it , in and out ! Never make plans !
Oh dilemma ! I should be painting ! Out in the sunshine now !
Good luck Tglyn in your quest . sorry I couldn't be of much help !

Re: RAH the 28th 9 years 11 months ago #9314

• Tglyn
Thanks so much for getting back with all the info Pandorah. I will try all your suggestions and see how I get on. It's the show not to miss so I will walk from Staffs if I have to :). I
Will be at the Birmingham Symphony Hall the next eve so it will be a heck of a weekend, add the other eve in Manchester and it will be a year to remember for ever, well worth it though to see Steven doing what he loves. cheers

Re: RAH the 28th 9 years 11 months ago #9316

• GedKen
Hi Tglyn,

Pandorah is too modest - that looks like a very helpful suggestion indeed - here is the link, there appears to parking spaces still available for the 28th.

www.royalalberthall.com/visit/getting-here/parking.aspx

There is no congestion charge at weekends in London.

www.tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/congestion-...ngestion-charge-zone

You are right - a show not to miss. (I do hope Comeuppance film the evening).

Re: RAH the 28th 9 years 11 months ago #9324

• therebel
hi tony there is a hotel fairly close a few of the Harley regs are using. the Montana and it even boasts an indian restaurant in side . it may never get better mr h at the royal albert hall a few beers and a curry after .
Was in a frenzy from the midnight air when I saw the light
I realized only children can live upon a timeless flight

Re: RAH the 28th 9 years 11 months ago #9325

• Tglyn
Thanks Gedken and Therebel for your help, looking like I can get hotel and parking sorted with your help. Not heard that it will be recorded, shame. but it isn't cheap to record a full professional show at this location. I have been in TV outside broadcasts all my working life so been their done it:) Steven will be so pleased to perform his show there for us with his rock band, Choir & Orchestra. Lets show Steven how we all feel and appreciate his work...
  • Page: