Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Strangers come to Manchester again .

Re:Strangers come to Manchester again . 9 years 11 months ago #9311

• stewart g
Ah Deb's,a brilliant story of such an emotional day! We all love your words and the great way you express from the heart your love of Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel :)Like Mick says I loved the way you brought old and new friends into the story.Stay your way Kid,God Bless,Stewart. xx
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Strangers come to Manchester again . 9 years 11 months ago #9312

• Pandorah
Stella Day wrote:
Debs. Too much. I'll have to print it off and read it in instalments!! :laugh:

It's a never evening story Stella :laugh:
You could always speed read ! As Mr Blake ( Graeme ) can :laugh:

You may well have to lay down in a dark room afterwards !

Some might think I need to get a life ! :dry:

Thing is ! Music's played so much of this life I couldn't imagine life with out it , and in particular Steve Harley's music. It has been the sound track of mine :kiss:

Besides it's always been an adventure ! Thrilling .
I've also met many lovely people along the way, and he's taken me to places I'd probably never of been too. If not for him and his disciples! ( he's the fisherman who cast the net )

I'm going into the garden now to paint ! While the suns out .

Thanks every one , who took the time . Have a nice day , B)

Re:Strangers come to Manchester again . 9 years 11 months ago #9338

• cheri
Wow! You really tell what it's like to EXPERIENCE Steve onstage. Some people on this forum are good at knowing technicalities, like what concerts certain songs were played at or what year a song came out and other things along those lines. Even Steve himself has shown an interest in their catalogues of Steve's history. But, like you, it's always been about the EXPERIENCE of watching and listening to Steve and the band live. There is simply nothing like it. They're totally unique and each member of the band extraordinary in what they do and contribute to the whole. It just always leaves me wanting more, for it to never end.

As for my tickets, it turned out unfortunately for me all around. But I just have to accept it as "water under the bridge" and let it go. I can only hope to make it to England in the future to see Steve and the fans again, who uncannily feel like I've known them all my life and who have been so kind to me and the people I've brought with me.

It pains me that Phantom is gone and that I can't enjoy his company at more concerts. Glad you mentioned him, Deb, as he is an integral part of the Steve Harley "family."

Scott is out of the wheelchair, off crutches, not using the cane, but he has quite a limp! The skiing accident and resulting operation took 1/4 inch off his right leg! :( He will require one more operation, and the doctor says that once his leg muscles get stronger he won't have such a limp. We leave soon for California for 3-4 weeks and thus I regrettably cannot make it for the Royal Albert Hall concert that I would so much love to be at. But, on the other side, I do enjoy the more intimate concerts, like The Stables and Bilston even more because I can be closer to the action. :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to paint such a good picture of what the Manchester concert was like.

Love, Cheri

Re:Strangers come to Manchester again . 9 years 11 months ago #9345

• iceberg
What a great review of a great concert....thank you Debs for helping me re-live Bridgewater Hall. Roll on RAH where I will be in front row!! :)
Cheers

Mike

Re:Strangers come to Manchester again . 9 years 11 months ago #9348

• therebel
what seats iceberg as were on front row as well just look along and find the guy that looks uncomfiest in a suit and dickie bow and thatll be me lol gotta do it for the rah
Was in a frenzy from the midnight air when I saw the light
I realized only children can live upon a timeless flight
  • Page: