& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nice Interview on Youtube

Re:Nice Interview on Youtube 9 years 11 months ago #9279

• GedKen
Thanks Steve,

that makes sense, though Mr. Raffles is right in that the telling of the story of those early days would be fascinating.

Joop Visser is still knocking around Basildon these days if you are ever over that way.
www.grays-today.co.uk/news.cfm?id=9382
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Nice Interview on Youtube 9 years 11 months ago #9281

• Mr Raffles
I was too young to enjoy those early days of Cockney Rebel. Would have been great to have seen the band when they were playing at the Speakeasy, Roundhouse, Marquee etc. If only I could remember that first appearance on Top of the Pops. Perhaps I watched it as a youngster and promptly forgot it? Hard to imagine because I do recall loving Judy Teen at the time. Steve and the guys would surely have stood out amidst some of the easily forgettable pop acts that graced our TV screen in 1974. I would love Steve to have a photographic memory about everything that happened 40 years ago but I guess I forgive you Steve for being human and forgetting most of it!! That said, we do need to enjoy all the archive that exists of a period that can never come back. I'll have my little jaunt down 'memory lane' next June at the Royal Albert Hall. See you then!

Re:Nice Interview on Youtube 9 years 11 months ago #9289

• GedKen
Hi Mr. Raffles, indeed, I missed out on those early times as well - perhaps that's why we are so intrigued?

I was delighted to find 'Between the Lines' and 'Star Fighter' on Youtube, albeit CR MkII, but I still return to the footage from time to time.

Great shame CR MkI split up, though reading the Peter Newnham interview again it would seem that Steve was pretty clear upfront as to what the deal was if you joined the band.

Yes, onto RAH on the 28th of June. (I've mentioned this before...)The RAH date falls on the 40th anniversary of the one gig that was cancelled on that gruelling 44 date sold out tour because the venue was too small.

There was a piece about it in the music press at the time. Next time I am down at the British Library I'II see if I can find it again and type it up for the forum.

Re:Nice Interview on Youtube 9 years 11 months ago #9295

• stewart g
Thanks GedKen for this and all the other links you've posted for us.Much appreciated! ;)
  • Page: