Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Manchester Bridgewater Hall....A Triumph!

Manchester Bridgewater Hall....A Triumph! 9 years 11 months ago #9199

• Graeme
I was honestly a tad worried it may be an anti climax after the triumphant Birmingham gig, but how wrong could I be. It was a triumph and night I will never forget and once and for all proved that Steve Harley is one of Britain's finest songwriters and performers....something we die hards have always known and have always willing to tell anyone willing to listen. I won't go on about the gig, the songs, the band, the choir, the orchestra and the excellent and enthusiastic Steve Norman as my old mate Stewart Griffin has eleoquently covered how good they all were/are in your posting. But I'd like to share your "get well soon" message to Lincoln...you were missed! Last, but not least, great to see all the Cockey Rabble boys & girls....you know who you all are. A finer bunch of people Mag and I couldn't hope to meet. As The Faces once said..."See you in the stalls".
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Manchester Bridgewater Hall....A Triumph! 9 years 11 months ago #9208

• Maggie Jones
Sensational evening. Thank you everyone who put the show on - the lighting was brilliant, and quite different from how I remember it at Birmingham. What a sound, with the violins and hors and choir!! Steve - you're "special".

Re:Manchester Bridgewater Hall....A Triumph! 9 years 11 months ago #9209

• FALLAJ
What can I say that has not already been said. Concert at Bridgewater Hall more polished than the Birmingham concert and better sound quality. Choice of additional tracks well made, and played to perfection considering how far they go back. High light, Death Trip. this track has to be played live with an orchestra and choir to do it justice and justice was done. Rate Psychomodo album as Steve's best and to hear it all played live was a great experience.Excellent.