Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Manchester..The Morning After The Gig...

Re:Manchester..The Morning After The Gig... 9 years 11 months ago #9213

• cheri
RachelPAtoSH wrote:
Cheri,
Don't worry: Steve is fine; the guy is a huge fan but got over-enthusiastic through drink. It's a shame he spoilt the evening a little for some. Also, your seats were filled, and we will organise a full re-fund for you soon. The event was a complete sell-out - only restricted view seats behind our mixing desks were left off-sale.
RACHEL
Rachel, thank you so much! You guys are THE BEST! I understand about being overenthusiastic. ;) But I would never ACCOST Steve. So glad it was a fabulous evening for everyone involved. Again, thanks and please give my love to Steve.

Cheri
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: Manchester..The Morning After The Gig... 9 years 11 months ago #9214

• James T
We don't all munch haggis up here, much the same as a loathing of the French and talking with plumbs in one's gob doesn't start south of Gretna. ;)

What I can't understand is how zealous the staff at the hall were to stop folk dancing and yet they let this guy apparently cause a nuisance - odd. I'm afraid if he was near me, I'd have got staff over to deal with him. Far too much of this nonsense happening at gigs (not particularly talking Harley here). Have had at least three gigs spoiled in the past few years by pissed up idiots or women (sorry!) who can't shut their trap for five minutes.

We were sat up in the Choir Circle which turned out to be a great position - whereas we were in the stalls at Brum. I thought the audience were a tad restrained to be honest - it didn't have quite the same atmosphere as at Birmingham. The performance was absolutely superb, less 'nervy' and more assured. The band played wonderfully, and sad to hear about Lincoln not being well of late. The sound was much clearer for the Psychomodo, took a good three songs at the start to balance things out.

Yet again, a wonderful night to remember.

Looking forward to The Sage in June (from the front row!)

PS: Rock and Roll Parade...hint hint :)

Philca wrote:
Hey Julie, sorry to hear your evening was somewhat marred by the behaviour of a certain individual in the audience. Was it the same haggis munching pissed up knuckle-dragger who heckled incoherently all through the show, then at the encore came down to the front, heckled Steve again at close quarters and not content with that, managed to climb his way onto the stage as the band were taking their bow and grabbed Steve in a headlock? It was nice to see you again though, and looking so well. x

Re: Manchester..The Morning After The Gig... 9 years 11 months ago #9216

• Mr Raffles
Quite agree James.Nothing wrong in dancing,singing along and enjoying yourself but idiots who are noisy and shout out or hold conversations with their friends during the songs should consider a cheaper night out down the local Wetherspoons. Steve and the band are the people that the fans want to listen to, not mindless idiots. That said......looking forward to the Albert Hall in June.Hope the performance is up to the standard of the Bridgewater Hall.

Re:Manchester..The Morning After The Gig... 9 years 11 months ago #9217

• My Only Vice
Steve's Manchester Spectacular just had a name check from Marc Riley on BBC Radio 6; he was there and bigged it up. About time!
I'd hide if I could, but I'm red in a yellow sea . . .

Re:Manchester..The Morning After The Gig... 9 years 11 months ago #9219

• mick_mckenzie
What was the heckler actually heckling about?
I thought Steve did "exactly what it said on the tin", so to speak. And in the end, more.

The dancing is a contentious issue. I was in the front row, and I love to get up and dance (badly, I may add), but sat down again until right near the end. The problem is that if people in the seats behind don't want to get up you're spoiling it for them. My feeling is that rock gigs should be standing downstairs and seated upstairs, but others may disagree, and strictly speaking is it still pure rock if it has an orchestra?

Anyway, a great night and roll on the next one.
Mick

Re:Manchester..The Morning After The Gig... 9 years 11 months ago #9222

• Alan T
I echo all that has been said before - what a magnificent show! I found out later that there were some sound glitches early on but that didn't detract from our enjoyment one iota. Everyone in the band, choir and orchestra were on top form in my opinion and we had a great view from the third row directly facing Barry W. And of course Steve deserves all the plaudits bestowed upon him by his fiercely loyal and dedicated group of fans. There is no one else out there like him; dare I say it, he is a national treasure, a songsmith, a musical craftsman.
My brother Mark (aka Phantom) would have been made up to have seen the rarities played live, but I know that he was there in spirit. And belated thanks to everyone who took the trouble to send messages of support following his passing.
Regards to all, Alan