Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Manchester..The Morning After The Gig...

Manchester..The Morning After The Gig... 9 years 11 months ago #9192

• stewart g
Many moons ago a Cockney Rebel stated " There's good gigs,there's great gigs and then there's Manchester!" And so it was that last night that The Boys Were Back in Town,not just them but with a massive choir and Orchestra conducted by the legandary Andrew Powell and including special guest Steve Norman (who spent the whole show smiling like the cat who had the cream!).At Birmingham in 2012 we had seats half way back in the stalls,so this time we were looking for a different perspective and were in the Choir Circle Front Row,what a decision ( Thanks Graeme!).The brilliant view gave us access to everything going on in that hall.Bridgewater Hall rocked as I've never seen it as The Human Menagerie and The Psychomodo were played in all their glory.What a sight and what a sound! The bonus tracks ( including some very very rarely played live!! ;)) fitted in perfectly to the set and the occasion.The band all played superbly and it was nice to see Mr Gladwell not seated this time but rocking the night away as only he can! The giant that is Bill Dyer looked like he'd never been away,there was a reason of course that he was back..we missed ya Lincoln get well soon and hope your back in the fold very quickly.And then there was the leader,how proud he must be to be with all the magnificent players,playing his words and music in front of a very appreciative audience at one of the best venues in the UK !and singing as good as he ever has!
Thanks again to all concerned for a top,top night..every time it just gets better.Birmingham was fantastic but Manchester was on another higher level. :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: Manchester..The Morning After The Gig... 9 years 11 months ago #9193

• therebel
well said stu and we all hope linc is feeling better soon. must admit my highlight last night was hearing something that took me 4 or 5 years to get in my youth and almost half a weeks wages at the time big big deal might not be everyone's favourite but for me it has a special place in my Harley life.
Was in a frenzy from the midnight air when I saw the light
I realized only children can live upon a timeless flight

Re: Manchester..The Morning After The Gig... 9 years 11 months ago #9194

• Harley fan
I felt very sad to hear of Lincoln not feeling well last night and the obvious loss of Phantom recently, then on the row behind us was a pathetic drunk tw*t spoiling it for everyone else - loudly talking, shouting, heckling, standing up etc etc and when the men in front of him stood up to tell him to be quiet, or whatever, a fight nearly started. I was terrified and ended up having a panic attack and spent the rest of the evening feeling quite ill - so thanks for that lads!! cheers!
On a brighter note, thanks, as always Steve and the team. Brilliant... Stu and I say everytime, 'he can't get better can he'?? and he does!! Although what it better than better!!
Great to see everyone and Roxy, I love your little girl Minnie, aged 6.... so hope she enjoyed it, bless. JB xx

Re: Manchester..The Morning After The Gig... 9 years 11 months ago #9195

• Philca
Hey Julie, sorry to hear your evening was somewhat marred by the behaviour of a certain individual in the audience. Was it the same haggis munching pissed up knuckle-dragger who heckled incoherently all through the show, then at the encore came down to the front, heckled Steve again at close quarters and not content with that, managed to climb his way onto the stage as the band were taking their bow and grabbed Steve in a headlock? It was nice to see you again though, and looking so well. x

Re:Manchester..The Morning After The Gig... 9 years 11 months ago #9196

• My Only Vice
Just arrived back in Norwich, Sunday pm, jaded from journeying but chuffed to have witnessed yet another fantastic night. A stella performance, one to live long in the memory. Stu has summed it up perfectly, so I'll just briefly add . . . Death Trip; has it ever sounded better? Awesome. A standing ovation richly deserved.

I was amused by the surly security staff; they ushered a few patrons away from the stage during the evening, but were powerless to stop the impromptu, joyous dancing at the end. The look on their faces as the cocky rabble left their seats for a party finale was a picture!

Bill and Adam happened to be sitting on the next table to us at breakfast in the hotel this morning, and then a chance meeting with Steve later in the morning too. A nice little bonus to round off a fine weekend.

Get well soon Lincoln. Roll on RAH :)
I'd hide if I could, but I'm red in a yellow sea . . .

Re:Manchester..The Morning After The Gig... 9 years 11 months ago #9197

• cockneyr3bel
Weve just arrived back home,after a fantastic weekend,concert was brilliant,(Apart from the drunken T@@T,who heckled all the way through,Then jumped up in front of us through Tumblin Down,then jumped on stage and nearly knocked Steve flying)We then had a great hour at the stage door, and meeting the band,and some new friends ,shame we missed Steve,Hope Lincoln will soon be better,but Bill Dyer stood in well.New programme was great too ,fantastic art work.now going to watch Birmingham dvd again.pity it wasnt video'd,would be great to see Spaced Out and Big Deal again !!!!