Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Phantom

Re:Phantom 10 years 1 month ago #9044

• fantom
Very sad to hear this, thank you Alan for letting us know.
The topic has been locked.

Re:Phantom 10 years 1 month ago #9048

• Pandorah
So gutted as we all are .

Re:Phantom 10 years 1 month ago #9051

• Kathy
I don't regularly post here (or anywhere) but I just had to say a few words about Mark >Phantom< He was one of the many fans who made Cheri and me feel so welcome on our 2 trips to England. I'll never forget his happy face. He had some serious heath issues before the cancer but he never complained and barely talked about it. Like Cheri said, Phantom was part of the Steve Harley family and he will be sadly missed. I think of ALL of you so fondly. Cheri and I experienced this weird instant rapport with all of you, like we could have been best friends given the time and place. So... since I'm kind of an outsider because I live faraway and am a relatively new fan I just want you to know what you have is M*A*G*I*C Don't ever let it die! Not just Phantom but ALL of you are wonderful.

Re:Phantom 10 years 1 month ago #9054

• Pandorah
So gutted as we all are. My heart goes out to Marks beloved wife Pauline and son Daniel and all his family .
the last message I wrote to Mark still sat in my message box on my phone dated 4th march , undelivered ! John (therebel ) was on holiday when I messaged him to enquire if he knew marks actual home address, as I only knew the street he lived near, he'd always been to my home and collected me for gigs! So I didn't actually know where he was ! Cheri was desperate to know how He was, and his last words to me when I asked if he wanted me to pic him up and take him to Manchester was ( his words ) " I'm f#ck*d deb ! I ain't going to make it " but he was looking forward to the Albert hall in June ! So I didn't take it Gospel :-(
I guess it wasn't meant to be, to see mark one last time as he neared his time . We'd spoke , but the texts had stopped coming in.

So many memories come flooding in ! As I write , I can hear his voice and can hear his laughter.

I'm a strong believer that our path in life takes us on a journey to a final destination ! Throughout our life we learn many many lessons , born of flesh and blood housed in a body of bones Powered by an amazing pump we know as the heart , our spirit or soul ! our core being ! Is another matter ! It lives and breaths ! learns , develops through out , till our journeys end !

I can not believe ! Do not believe it could ever be the end . Has to be the beginning ! our destination . I'm sure Mark has all the qualities to see him through to all eternity .
I've a faith ! I know He will never be forgotten by those who crossed his path or walked along side it with him , for how ever a short a time or distance.

You could be sad ! Or you could rejoice that he touched your life .
Smile the way mark would want to be remembered by. Laughter and Happiness . That's what he bought into our lives . He always made me smile. And that's what I'm keeping of mark . What he gave to many along his journey . Smiles and laughter . Side splitting laughter at times. And a kindness. Totally Unconditional .
I need to believe ! Have to believe . He's only slipped out of that body that didn't work anymore . Hopefully having a peaceful rest after that fight for life he endured over the last year. Rest assured he'll never leave his family or true friends . he's all around us . He's everywhere, He stays. Forever .
RIP dear friend.
Till we meet again .

The funeral !
Rather the Celebration of Marks life will be on the 26th march at stopsley crematorium luton at 3.15 Those who can not be there I'm sure will take a quite moment in time ( anytime ) to recall mark
And be with him in spirit.
God bless him.

Re:Phantom 10 years 1 month ago #9058

• Kathy
just found this photo i took of Steve and Phantom Dec. 2011.
Attachments:

Re:Phantom 10 years 1 month ago #9059

• joanna
Re Above from Pandorah

Hi Deb ..this is a beautiful piece and makes alot of sense. Thank you xx Jo
Smile x