& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: rain in venice 1991 youtube

Re:rain in venice 1991 youtube 10 years 3 months ago #8916

• GedKen
Stella Day wrote:
GedKen wrote:
By way of a contrast, here is a 'stripped down' video of another track I came across a little while ago.

Hilarious GedKen! :laugh:
So where, in this "stripped down" version are the drummer and piano player? I can't see them.

I did wonder. :unsure: Maybe this was shot at the end of a long day. They may have already repaired to the bar?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:rain in venice 1991 youtube 10 years 3 months ago #8917

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
GedKen wrote:
Stella Day wrote:
GedKen wrote:
By way of a contrast, here is a 'stripped down' video of another track I came across a little while ago.

Hilarious GedKen! :laugh:
So where, in this "stripped down" version are the drummer and piano player? I can't see them.

I did wonder. :unsure: Maybe this was shot at the end of a long day. They may have already repaired to the bar?

Or maybe he's miming....Top Of The Pops Style? :woohoo:
Sounds exactly like the album track to me. ;)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:rain in venice 1991 youtube 10 years 3 months ago #8923

• cheri
Stella Day wrote:
stewart g wrote:
Have a look at youtube theres a fine fim of SH singing this great track from dutch tv sorry im unable to post a link perhaps stella could work her magic for us please? Its another of those great 80's recordings......would love to hear the current cockney rebel blasting out this cracker!
Love it! When I think I've seen all of Steve's videos, someone comes up with something new. :)

Cheri

Re:rain in venice 1991 youtube 10 years 3 months ago #8926

• Tglyn
During Sebastion how many folks noticed the piano player was Stevens brother Ian, the baby of the family....:)

Re:rain in venice 1991 youtube 10 years 2 months ago #8943

• stewart g
Thank You Stella for uploading the Rain In Venice video.We saw that track performed live in Manchester in 1994 backed by local boys Smile Like Fools and excellent it was too! ;) It was at a venue called The Jabez Clegg? which I read recently has sadly closed down.And thanks for uploading the video of Sebastian now that really is very tasty! :) Yes Tglyn great to see Ian on there!....when Steve started touring again in 89 it was great to see Ian in the Band.I think Ian was in a late 70's line up call Japanese Toy? or something like that? anyone have any info on that band line up etc? and is Ian still out there making music?

Re:rain in venice 1991 youtube 10 years 2 months ago #8946

• Tglyn
Hi Stewart..thanks for all the great work you do and bringing back the old memories. Love seeing Ian and Steve at work as they say..:)They are of course from the NICE family...my wifes mum surname, so lets say I know the family very well including the baby :)
Can't stop playing Steve and Cockney Rebel - Back to the Farm.
Just love it seeing the fine work they all do.
Tony