Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: I Can Be Anyone

Re:I Can Be Anyone 10 years 2 months ago #8881

• stewart g
Yes AJ,I agree a compilation CD of 80's material would be perfect.What with the singles...Touch You,Ballerina,Irresistible,Heartbeat Like Thunder,When I'm with you and all with great B sides,plus the singles Whatever You Believe and The Phantom there is a fine collection there.Add in some of The Marlowe tracks and some of those unreleased Rak sessions ( Oh How Happy,lines of Men etc) and there really is a great box set shouting to be released!! ;)
It would indeed prove that whilst being more low key in the 80's there was some mighty fine music released.
There are also many Singles Steve produced for other artists in the early 80's and they need a home somewhere in the Harley history!! ;)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:I Can Be Anyone 10 years 2 months ago #8883

• paulng57
It would be nice to have a studio version of 'Only You' included on any compilation CD.

Re:I Can Be Anyone 10 years 2 months ago #8884

• GedKen
stewart g wrote:
....and some of those unreleased Rak sessions ( Oh How Happy,lines of Men etc) ...

Hi Stewart - I'm still delighted to have the chance to play 'The Race Game' on Youtube.... are you saying there may be more lost 80s/90s gems recorded by RAK out there somewhere? :)

Re:I Can Be Anyone 10 years 2 months ago #8885

• stewart g
GedKen,Sophistication was one of the tracks recorded I believe for RAK and that was released a little while ago and there must be more? ( The track featured Andrew Gold ( RIP) on brilliant Keyboards).Also when Yes You Can was released during a promotional interview unless my memory is playing tricks with me I'm sure Steve said he had recorded a duet with Rod Stewart ( not sure which track )..not sure of the date of the recordings or even if it sill exists?....

Re:I Can Be Anyone 10 years 2 months ago #8889

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
stewart g wrote:
Yes AJ,I agree a compilation CD of 80's material would be perfect.What with the singles...Touch You,Ballerina,Irresistible,Heartbeat Like Thunder,When I'm with you and all with great B sides,plus the singles Whatever You Believe and The Phantom there is a fine collection there.Add in some of The Marlowe tracks and some of those unreleased Rak sessions ( Oh How Happy,lines of Men etc) and there really is a great box set shouting to be released!! ;)
It would indeed prove that whilst being more low key in the 80's there was some mighty fine music released.
There are also many Singles Steve produced for other artists in the early 80's and they need a home somewhere in the Harley history!! ;)

I fell out of love with Steve in the 80's and while I think most of what he did was dross in that decade I haven't heard it all. A compilation of that era is a great idea. I'd buy a compilation album even if it was only to get my hands on "When I'm With You".
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
  • Page: