& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Royal Albert Hall

Re:Royal Albert Hall 10 years 4 months ago #8794

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
iantanner wrote:
Well that's done! Royal Albert Hall booked - can't wait. Dylan on 27th Nov then a little wait for Steve and the Band.

I wonder what you'll think of tonight's performance Ian. For the first time in my life I saw Bob Dylan last night. I have old Bob Dylan LPs (who doesn't?) and a few later CDs. The man's a legend - no doubt about that. I went to see a living legend and I'm very glad I did. His voice took a little time to warm up but he and the band were awesome musicians and from what I could gather from the seasoned fans around me he's definitely on top form at the moment. He played only a couple of oldies - Tangled up in blue and All Along the Watchtower and I was a little disappointed (but not surprised) that he didn't get out an acoustic guitar and sing Blowing In The Wind or It Ain't Me Babe but there you go. I sat behind the stage in choir seats and the view was really pretty good.....plenty of sideway views but I'd say the man lacks something which enriches an audience's experience and that is rapport. There was no introduction to the band, who were placed well back on the stage and not even a "Thankyou for coming" from the man. But you can't have everything. :)
Enjoy Ian!
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Royal Albert Hall 10 years 4 months ago #8795

• mick_mckenzie
That's Bob for you. Band's usually top notch, but he doesn't interact much and you're never sure if he'll have a good night or a bad one.
When people ask me if he's worth the money, I say if you want to hear the obscure stuff, maybe in a different version, go for it. If you want the greatest hits buy the CD and stop in with a bottle of wine.
Mick

Re:Royal Albert Hall 10 years 4 months ago #8817

• Michael Carraway
Tickets booked in the Stalls - the sides of the arena. This could be a highlight of the SH and CR career!! A must!!Our pair were a birthday present from one of our kids - big, grown up kids! MY present, but Mrs C doesn't want to miss out on that occasion! RAH - she's never been before, and nor have I.