Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Birmingham dvd's

Birmingham dvd's 10 years 4 months ago #8671

• FALLAJ
Has anyone else had problems with the Birmingham concert dvd's? I bought my copy at the Harrogate concert on Wednesday. Thursday night I settled down to watch them and relive that fantastic show. To my horror the dvd's did not load into the DVD player connected to the tv. When they did partially load the picture froze at various stages of the show. I tried them in another DVD player which told me they were corrupted discs. I did eventually get them to play using a lap top connected to the tv. Even then the picture froze and the disc juddered through a few songs. There is definitely something wrong with the discs. Does anyone know where I can send the dvd's to exchange them for discs that will work. Buying them at the concert I do not have a receipt to show so I can only think of sending them back to Comeuppance publishing company but I have no address for them.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Birmingham dvd's 10 years 4 months ago #8672

• RachelPAtoSH
Hi.
You have been very unlucky, and we are sorry for the nuisance and inconvenience, and the disappointment, of course!
Please post your DVD to
Comeuppance Ltd
PO Box 7073
Sudbury
CO10 7WN

We will send you a replacement, and happily refund your postage if you would like to include your bank account number and sort code.

More than 2,000 copies of the DVD have been sold to date, and yours is the first really significant case of "corruption", so let's hope it's the only one.
Again, we're really sorry this happened to you.
HELEN IN THEN COMEUPPANCE ON-LINE SHOP

Re:Birmingham dvd's 10 years 4 months ago #8675

• Ray Smith
Rachel, Helen, someone needs to know... I too had problems. Skipping all the time. There have been others who have posted too. I've seen a few posts with the same problem and maybe it escaped your attention. Here on this site I think and on Peter JH's site as I recall. My fist discs skipped lots, I replaced them via Amazon.. my replacement skipped too. I cleaned my DVD player many times.. in the end I changed my DVD player and all is well, (tho other DVD films play ok) but there does seem to be a problem out there with many and can't put my finger on the problem.

Hope this helps.

Re:Birmingham dvd's 10 years 4 months ago #8677

• Maggie Jones
Pleased to say my own DVD plays perfectly. And a great film it is too of a sensational night. I have my alarms set for 08:50 Monday, to make a mad attempt to get stalls seats at the RAH.

Re:Birmingham dvd's 10 years 4 months ago #8681

• Graham Middleton
Sorry to say that the one I bought at Harrogate won't even load - gives a disk error message!