Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Southend Palace Theatre

Southend Palace Theatre 10 years 5 months ago #8656

• Mystrex
Less than 2 weeks to go til I see my hero again. It's been absolutely years since the last one. Stockton-On-Tees, where Steve mentioned me, my (then) girlfriend, and my best mate. We drove all the way from Southend to see him. What an awesome gig it was too :)

I look forward to hopefully seeing some of you there!
"He cries in the dungeons and tries to repent, but change is a monster and changing is hard"
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Southend Palace Theatre 10 years 5 months ago #8682

• ffcforever
  • Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher
Will be there, as although I have followed Steve since 1973 have only once seen him in Southend, also at the Palace in the 90s I think. It's the closest venue to where I live in Wickford.

Re:Southend Palace Theatre 10 years 4 months ago #8742

• RichW
Simply breathtaking tonight. Every favourite you could wish for was in the setlist and you could really sense that Steve and the boys enjoyed every second.

My 21 year old daughter's first SH & CR gig, front row seats, and if im not mistaken definitely Barry and maybe Steve seemed to acknowledge with a smile, her knowing the words and tapping her feet to the music.

She was mesmerised and is now hooked. "Amazing, 10 out of 10" she said. "What about Rhianna at Twickenham in the summer?" I asked. "Maybe a 9, but not in the same league as Steve tonight". Im chuffed to bits :)

Re:Southend Palace Theatre 10 years 4 months ago #8746

• RichardBlueprint
I last saw Steve Harley and CR at the Kursaal in Southend 39 years ago in 1974.
My then gf had introduced me to his music and it was a great concert. Unless my memory has failed me the supporting act was Sailor :)
Last nights concert was everything I had hoped for and more.
I am not embarrassed to say Sebastian was an emotional moment for me
Thank you Steve for last night and all the pleasure your music has given me over the years :)

Re:Southend Palace Theatre 10 years 4 months ago #8747

• ffcforever
  • Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher
WOW!

Starting with the intial notes of Best Years to the last Come Up and See Me Make Me Smile it was brilliant.

My wife Sallie who has been dragged along more than occassionally over the past 29 years said 'he' just keeps getting better.

A higher compliment 'he' couldn't receive.

Re:Southend Palace Theatre 10 years 4 months ago #8750

• cheri
ffcforever wrote:
WOW!

Starting with the intial notes of Best Years to the last Come Up and See Me Make Me Smile it was brilliant.

My wife Sallie who has been dragged along more than occassionally over the past 29 years said 'he' just keeps getting better.

A higher compliment 'he' couldn't receive.
Jonathan, he does just keep getting better and better, it's true. I think this year is the best setlist he's ever done, it was just extraordinary and seemed to last only minutes. He always leaves you wanting more.

P.S. My love to Sallie. It was so wonderful to be able to spend time with both of you. We will never forget it. :D

Love, Cheri