& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Scunthorpe Baths Hall

Re:Scunthorpe Baths Hall 10 years 5 months ago #8637

• Pandorah
psychomenagerie wrote:
Whilst booking tickets to next Tuesdays show, was listening to an SH/CR playlist, when my 17 year old daughter asked what I was listening to, "Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel," I replied, "a genuinely talented guy/group, not like that junk you listen to!" as any self respecting Dad would to his daughter who normally listens to whatever is cramming the latest charts with the musical diarrhoea that masquerades as music!, anyway, tongue in cheek, I told her, "I'm just booking tickets for a concert he's doing in Scunny next week, would you like to come," expecting her to flatly refuse, she amazingly said yes, so, not wanting to leave my youngest son out I asked him if he'd like to come, and incredibly he said yes also, so, next week, if you see this Mr.H, there'll be 4 of us in the front stall, seats L12-15, myself, my eldest son, who's seen you a couple of times before, at Glastonbury, and more recently at the Leeds Cockpit, & my daughter & youngest son, neither of whom are massively familiar with the music, but , will, after Tuesday night no doubt be totally converted to loving great music!!!!!

ah reading this did make me smile :) All my children now have great taste in Music and listen to a varied variety.

Any one of them would go to see Steve Harley at a drop of a Hat now ( in the past I've dragged them along kicking and screaming ! but its done ! they all appreciate Fine Music now and recognise musical artistry at its best. James my eldest is always saying he'd like to see Steve and the Band again.
"I'd like to take Dave to see him mum" one of my boys friends
" maybe I could come with you next time mummsey ?" he'd say

most of last week I had Robyn my granddaughter with me ( half term )
and we did a lot of running around in the car up and down the M1 and A5 back and forth to Nanny's cottage and Mummy's house so bless her she had to listen to the Birmingham CDs and the two originals loaded up in the car.

she also actually sat and watched some of the DVD .( even though she's a Sponge Bob Square pants addict ! )

It made me smile when on one of our return trips CD 2 of Birmingham finished playing in the car and the original studio version of psychomodo began to follow.
( we were chatting anyway about Steve Harley because she knew Nanny wasn't going to be around all week end and some special friends from a long way away were coming to stay and see Steve Harley with Nanny )
she came out with some sweet observation's while were spending time together
one of them being when the Cds changed over from 2013 to 1974

" Is this when Steve Harley was younger Nanny ? "
I said yes darling
Robyn replies
" Hmmmmm! how old was he ? "

I've looked at her and said ! well younger than your mummy or uncle Dean Robs , ( Victoria & Dean are 25 & 26 ) he's about 22 - 23 Robyn, just a year or 2 older than Auntie Jess ( so she could relate ! )

" Oh " she says

I'm waiting for something ? what's she gonna come out with next ?

"
+Nanny is he as old as you ?
" No darling!"

So I had go through all the stories of how old nanny was and why after all these years I'm still as excited as a kid at Christmas when I'm going to see him and meet up with all the special friends.

she sat and contemplated ! swished her bedraggled blonde locks that hung uncombed over her face and peered through it at me with her pale blue eyes ( when she's with nanny she's a bit of a tom boy, never lets me comb it through with out a fight ! so we leave it sometimes )

" Nanny ? Can I come and see him with you too ? "
"I liked him when he was young Nanny "
" But I like him now too "
I smiled :) aw bless !
" You cant come this time Robyn. but next time , maybe when he plays out doors in the summer we can go camping and see him "

( I've been promising her we'd do the Tent and fox's in the dead of night under the moonlight thing for over 3 years now, you know the whole camping thing )

her little face ,

"but I want to see him too nanny "

"Not this time Robyn "

but nanny promises I will take you soon! not this year but maybe next.

she seemed to except the fact that she wouldn't be going to see Steve Harley for a while and her little mind switched to Christmas !
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Scunthorpe Baths Hall 10 years 5 months ago #8640

• psychomenagerie
Hobo With A Grin. wrote:
It's important to educate your kids properly, Psychomenagerie.
Trouble is, it'll cost you a lot more to go to gigs in future. ;p

That;ll be a price worth paying, Hobo, and after last night a definite, it was, as usual a brilliant show, & the kids absolutely loved it, both have asked me to put all songs played, and more on their Ipods, or whatever they are.
As always I find it hard to pick out highlights from any of Steve's concerts, the whole show is a highlight, but, and I've probably said this before, if I live to be 500 years old, I'll never get tired of listening to Sebastian, every time, & I mean every time I hear this song it just totally grabs me, & has me spellbound, I was just sat in total awe of the sheer majesty of this absolute classic as Steve & the band belted it out last night, it genuinely is one of the ALL TIME ROCK CLASSICS, & I could see by my kids reactions they thought the same, stunning stuff!!!!!
Pandorah, TAKE HER!!!
Ah well, time to go, back to the real world, 12 hours of fun filled madness & mayhem on the rank, still, any customers getting in the car will be in for a treat!

Re:Scunthorpe Baths Hall 10 years 5 months ago #8644

• Pandorah
I definitely will take her.
Maybe to the RAB
The building alone will leave a lasting impression on her and stay long after I've left this world .
  • Page: