Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: A London Symphony?

A London Symphony? 10 years 5 months ago #8549

• Mr Raffles
Made it to Birmingham last year and enjoyed the show very much. I think me and Ray made a few negative comments at the time about Steve fumbling a few lines but the CD and DVD prove what a great performance it really was. Perhaps for me the highlight of the latest release is Cavaliers which is strange because at the show itself it was one of the evening's biggest disappointments. I'm sure there's been a bit of re-mixing where Steve missed a few lyrics, but what the heck, it's a powerful piece of music and one of the many highlights of the evening. Something great does need to be seen and heard more than once so many thanks for this latest DVD/CD release. I would love to go to Manchester next year but living in the London area it's a long and expensive hike. Would love to know if there's any chance of the show coming down South?? If not in London somewhere like the Fairfield Halls in Croydon? I'm sure there's a lot of fans 'down South' that would love to see it happen.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:A London Symphony? 10 years 5 months ago #8555

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
I would love to go to Manchester next April but it is quite a hike from Kent and by the time I've paid for trains, a hotel and spending money it's a fortune..... and it will probably be raining. I've decided to spend my money on a weekend in the Algarve with my sisters instead.
Sisters, sunshine and Scrabble B)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:A London Symphony? 10 years 5 months ago #8557

• Stella Day
Mr Raffles wrote:
Made it to Birmingham last year and enjoyed the show very much. I think me and Ray made a few negative comments at the time about Steve fumbling a few lines but the CD and DVD prove what a great performance it really was. Perhaps for me the highlight of the latest release is Cavaliers which is strange because at the show itself it was one of the evening's biggest disappointments. I'm sure there's been a bit of re-mixing where Steve missed a few lyrics, but what the heck, it's a powerful piece of music and one of the many highlights of the evening. Something great does need to be seen and heard more than once so many thanks for this latest DVD/CD release. I would love to go to Manchester next year but living in the London area it's a long and expensive hike. Would love to know if there's any chance of the show coming down South?? If not in London somewhere like the Fairfield Halls in Croydon? I'm sure there's a lot of fans 'down South' that would love to see it happen.
Yes Mr Raffles. I went off-topic slightly in my last post but yes, there are plenty of us fans down South who'd like to see the Human Menagerie + Psychomodo concert again without including a weekend break. Fairfield Halls would be a good venue (I'll be there in November, will you Mr Raffles?) but I'd like to see Steve do the Royal Albert Hall.

Failing that there's the Stag theatre in Sevenoaks......very handy for me!

www.stagsevenoaks.co.uk/

From the website. :)

"Fantastic facilities
The multi-faceted Stag Community Arts Centre was originally opened as the Majestic cinema in 1937. It has been at the heart of the Sevenoaks community for decades and continues to delight audiences of all ages. More than 25,000 people currently visit the Stag every month, making it the ideal perfomance venue in Kent.

The Stag is a 10 minute walk from the train station, opposite the high street and backs on to a large public car park, ensuring easy access from all transport links.

The Stag Theatre

The 448-seat Stag Theatre boasts the largest performance stage in the South-East. It is the perfect choice for professional and community productions. The theatre regularly hosts choral and orchestral concerts, dance shows, musical theatre productions, pantomimes, school plays, and much more. There are an additional 140 bleacher seats which can be used for perfomances in the round too."

How about it Steve?

Re:A London Symphony? 10 years 5 months ago #8560

• mick_mckenzie
Stella Day wrote:
..... and it will probably be raining.

I'd say definitely. Rained in Brum, raining in mancland now, and sure to be raining in April. I can feel a hosepipe ban coming on.

Mick

Re:A London Symphony? 10 years 5 months ago #8562

• jollyroger
Cant see a symphony orch and choir and 9 piece rock band play in a 450 seat hall,Stella!!!
Tickets would need to be around the £175 mark to cover the costs!!! Sorry to be the messenger with bad news....I seriosly think the show would be fabtastic mounted at The Royal Albert Hall. Reg

Re:A London Symphony? 10 years 5 months ago #8563

• Stella Day
jollyroger wrote:
Cant see a symphony orch and choir and 9 piece rock band play in a 450 seat hall,Stella!!!

Oh ye, of little faith. :P

...and there is an orchestra pit.....
  • Page: