Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: omg omg omg its nealy here

Re:omg omg omg its nealy here 10 years 5 months ago #8508

• therebel
well sneaked off a lil early when I got the phone call from my other half I had 2 packages waiting for me .
at 52 years young the feeling of Christmas mornings have kinda gone a little bit over the years but today wow its back driving home with a smile as wide as hell on my face .

just a quick word thanks amazon prompt delivery not sure about your packaging as I ripped it open and droped it on the way to the dvd lol

then the covers great pictures nicely put together package top stuff .

but then the real treat wow im back in brum stunning sound nice camera work but lets cut to the chase genius yeah mr Harley I mean you both discs are a credit to your work and the wonderfull musicians around you what a night one I will now be able to live over again and again see you all soon in bilston probably need a new copy by then as it might just never leave my dvd till its worn out
Was in a frenzy from the midnight air when I saw the light
I realized only children can live upon a timeless flight
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:omg omg omg its nealy here 10 years 5 months ago #8509

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
RachelPAtoSH wrote:
.....I believe Stella's may have arrived, too. We look forward to her own critique!

Rachel. Critiques aren't really my forte. I'm mostly known amongst my family for my brevity and sharp tongue.....so ...Live from Birmingham? Hmmm...It feels like I've been playing this CD for weeks already ;) It took me straight back to that rainy evening in Birmingham and the only good thing that happened when I visited that city that weekend. It was such a shame,that rain.....I saw nothing of Birmingham. I'm sure it has plenty to offer and the people I encountered were very friendly but honestly, we took taxis from the train station to the hotel, from the hotel to The Symphony Hall and from the hotel back to the station again. I saw nothing but rain-streaked windows, wet faces and umbrellas.
But there was a buzz, a tangible buzz in that Symphony Hall. We were in the front stalls row C seats 25-26. John was quite unwell at the time and we took our seats as soon as we could. I noticed Ana Leigh Coil sat behind us. She looked alone and she told me what a nightmare of a journey she'd had. We hugged (what? I don't do hugs?) like we'd known each other forever. What's happened to Ana? Where's she gone?
I noticed Mike Johnston and Karen Morrison around (I waved)and I'm pretty sure I spotted Deborah down there in the Stalls though I think she sat higher up for the actual show.
It was a show so many of us have wanted to see come to fruition and I don't think anyone went home disappointed. Sure, Steve forgot a few words and even resorted to auto-cue for a few songs but we forgive him because we love him.
I've played the CD through a few times and naturally The Human Menagerie and The Psychomodo were what it was all about but the song he sang that I'd forgotten was Stranger Comes To Town. It gets me every time. I can be curt, perceived as aloof even and I just don't do hugs. I speak with a sharp tongue but sometimes, just sometimes this ice queen melts. That one makes me cry.
So there you go. There'll be much better critiques from others on this forum, I'm sure.

And I didn't buy the DVD. Can't bear watching "live" DVDs. Live is live. Recorded is recorded. I prefer to be there and then remember.........
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:omg omg omg its nealy here 10 years 5 months ago #8510

• RachelPAtoSH
By "critique" I only meant your thoughts, Stella, but it's very nice to see your words regarding how the entire event unfolded for yourselves.

Re:omg omg omg its nealy here 10 years 5 months ago #8511

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Well both DVD and CD have arrived,just got home from a sixteen hour day of driving and public transport,straight to the doormat and there they were.
So an early night for me to relive the splendour of that fantastic night,and I will keep the CD for the various cars I will be delivering on another long shift tomorrow !
OH...on second thoughts first job is ripping the CD to my laptop then transfer to my HTC ONE,for the public transport bits of tomorrows workday.Gonna sound superb through my in ear phones (Beats by DR.DRE)... but with the bass boost turned down,this is not hip-hop after all!!!
Will report back around wednesday evening,or thursday with my thoughts.
see y'all soon
Jimbo. :woohoo:
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:omg omg omg its nealy here 10 years 5 months ago #8512

• therebel
I just have to add a little more after the second watching already today .

what passion mr h shows in cavaliers unbelievable after all these years how his words still mean so much to him as he sings them and I know it wasn't from the time but stranger comes to town might just be the most powerfull performance seen in many a year live on any stage
Was in a frenzy from the midnight air when I saw the light
I realized only children can live upon a timeless flight

Re:omg omg omg its nealy here 10 years 5 months ago #8513

• stewart g
Still waiting! :ohmy: managed to get my review in on amazon though!! :)