TOPIC: Steve Harley CLASSIC ROCK review

Re:Steve Harley CLASSIC ROCK review 10 years 6 months ago #8530

• joanna
Hi there
Ha haaa .
Catch you soon .
Have good travels xx jo B)
Smile x
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Steve Harley CLASSIC ROCK review 10 years 6 months ago #8535

• COVENTRY DAVE
GedKen wrote:
Indeed, it was all a bit overwhelming on the night and there are plenty of moments I would love to sit through again, and again, and again!.....and that particular bowler hat will become even more iconic. :woohoo:

Well you won't be able to , as 90% of Steves talking has been edited out on the CD version !! That was the most enjoyable bit of the gig. It was so mediocre. No mention of the original band......disgraceful !!

Re:Steve Harley CLASSIC ROCK review 10 years 6 months ago #8537

• Michael Carraway
You can't expect a ten minute long band introduction, like Steve did on the night, to be on the CD, surely CoventryDave???
The stories are meant for the night only, in my opinion, and would have sounded strange to those who buy the CD/DVD but weren't there on the night. I wouldn't want to listen to too much speech driving along or jogging with my iPod either. I'm glad the engineers cut out most of the chat, which was great for those who were there - like the moment when a fan said "I got the harmonica", on a CD that would just be weird since you wouldn't see Steve hand it to him. Just my view...re mentioning the original band, I don't actually get your point at all, sorry. The band on stage were superb, and far from being mediocre, it was sensationally brilliant.

Re:Steve Harley CLASSIC ROCK review 10 years 6 months ago #8538

• cockneyr3bel
Totally agree michael,yes the chat was good on the night ,but as you say who wants too listen to it on the cd.And how dvd/cd can be described as "mediocre",is beyond me !!!! Were you at the same gig as us Coventry Dave !!!

Re:Steve Harley CLASSIC ROCK review 10 years 6 months ago #8539

• GedKen
COVENTRY DAVE wrote:
GedKen wrote:
Indeed, it was all a bit overwhelming on the night and there are plenty of moments I would love to sit through again, and again, and again!.....and that particular bowler hat will become even more iconic. :woohoo:

Well you won't be able to , as 90% of Steves talking has been edited out on the CD version !! That was the most enjoyable bit of the gig. It was so mediocre. No mention of the original band......disgraceful !!

Hi CD,

really I was anticipating the DVD when I wrote that. I was up in the circle, lovely overview but I'm really looking forward to seeing the close ups. :woohoo:

Wonderful night but I don't remember everything from it - we all have our condor moments these days I guess :unsure:

I wouldn't expect any edited live recording to include everything; moveover at the time it didn't even occur to me that the gig would be recorded at all.

To subsequently find that I can get my mitts on a professional job overseen by Steve himself? Well.... :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Re:Steve Harley CLASSIC ROCK review 10 years 6 months ago #8540

• jollyroger
Hard to believe he's for real, this Coventrydave...anyway, perhaps he'll read the latest review of the Birmingham CD, written by a long-standing, well- respected northern UK music critic, Martin Hutchinson, and eat his words.
Steve's song on the Yes You Can album, a favourite track of mine, "Promises", said it: "You're Gonna Have A Night To Remember", and two thousand people, less one (1,999?) DID!
REG