Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 1 week ago #7836

• Mr Raffles
Sorry for the delay in getting the list to you Gerry.Everytime i went to make a note of your address the site crashed! I'd still love to hear Steve's memories of those early gigs.He must have some great stories to tell.It's hard to accept that despite hundreds of concerts by the original band no one ever got a 'bootleg' recording from one of them. We can enjoy the BBC In Concert from January 1974 of course but to have an audio record from one of those early sell out gigs would be something a bit special. Dig out one of those early recordings Mr.Harley and put it up for auction!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 10 years 8 months ago #8276

• GedKen
Two more dates to add to the list of past gigs.

According to the excellent Roualt58, the protean Cockney Rebel played the Pheasantry Club on the 31st December 1972 (what a way to see in the New Year :woohoo: ).

Steve also played a Lord Taverners benefit gig at the Royal Albert Hall on the 6th of April 2006. Amongst others on the bill were Midge Ure and (the wonderful) Kiki Dee.

PS will a full historical gig list ever appear on the website?

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 10 years 8 months ago #8278

• Mr Raffles
Always curious to know as to whether Steve remembers all of the venues he played at? I guess he has his own favourites. Has anyone on the forum actually been to any of the venues featured in Roualt's video? Does the Manchester Hard Rock really look like that these days? What a shame! By the way GedKen, I've got some more UK and European concert dates from the 1973-1974 period.Give me a bit of time and i'll either post them on this thread or will e-mail them to you.

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 10 years 8 months ago #8280

• GedKen
Thanks for that Mr Raffles, any details on past European gigs is always particularly welcome.

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 9 years 6 months ago #9812

• James T
Fascinating thread. My first Harley gig was at the Renfrew Ferry in Glasgow in 2003, great to see where he was in the decades prior. Thanks to all involved in collating the lists.

S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 8 years 6 months ago #10742

• Hans Peters
Been here ages ago, reading with great intrest but I have been also to Steve in 1985 in the London Venue. Remember playing the new version of Sebastian and Too Much Tenderness ...
Many regards,
Hans