Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wikipedia

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 2 months ago #10108

• stewart g
Loads of info on MMS thanks AJ. :) I've never heard the story of Marc Bolan playing on the song,although would be great if it was true! Where did that info come from?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 2 months ago #10109

• ajsmith
Hi Stewart

I hadn't heard the story either - it was already added to the article before I edited it. However for the moment I've left it in as it is referenced, though I'm not entirely convinced it is true? I know Marc Bolan played on Amerika the Brave though.

The reference given is British Hit Singles (14th edition) by David Roberts.

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 1 month ago #10110

• RachelPAtoSH
Hi AJ and Stewart.

Steve has said before and can confirm that the reference to Marc Bolan being involved in the recording of Make Me Smile is entirely false and untrue. Steve and Marc met in early 1976, a year after its release. He did play electric guitar on "Amerika The Brave". Steve played rhythm guitar and sang harmony on the choruses of Marc's song "Dandy In The Underworld".
AJ, Steve would be happy to talk to you if you would like clarification of details for Wiki articles.
Many thanks for your continued efforts - much appreciated. RACHEL

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 1 month ago #10113

• ajsmith
Hi Rachel,

I have replied to your email, and have removed the statement that Marc Bolan played on the song.

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 1 month ago #10140

• ajsmith
A page has now been completed on The Best Years of Our Lives (the song). Usually you won't get away with creating an article on a song that wasn't a single, but seeing that a live version was released as one from the Face to Face album, I've been able to write about both the studio version and live single.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_Years_of_...ockney_Rebel_song%29

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 1 month ago #10172

• stewart g
Thanks AJ for another great article.Perfect timing. :)