& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wikipedia

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 9 months ago #9576

• ajsmith
Stripped to the Bare Bones now has a Wiki page:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stripped_to_the_Bare_Bones

Great album - "Only You" is a nice addition. I wonder if a studio version was ever recorded but not given a release?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 9 months ago #9580

• stewart g
Thanks Aj for another fine article.Love em,they always get me thinking about the past and the times...
There may be others? but I would say there were another couple of shows,that lead up to the Stripped To The Bare Bones Tour in 1998.As well as Castlemilk in late 1994 and of course The Edinburgh Festival dates in 1997 ( which were so good Steve went back a year later!!) in early 94 Steve I think with Nick Pynn and Bill Dyer? played at Manchester's Jabez Clegg.Initially in an acoustic mode ( started off with the slow bluesy version of MMS) and later in the show local band Smile Like Fools joined for a more traditional rock band show! which included a superb rendition of Rain In Venice! and then in early 1997 at Aston Villa Football Club another acoustic show was held this time I think with Nick Pynn and Tom Arnold? from memory this may have been a Fan Club only show? and featured a storming version of Loves Minus Zero No Limits! :) Thanks for your great postings..long may they run!
P.S. Re Only You,that's a good question,not sure it it was recorded?,hopefully someone can help with that one?..there was though another great live version of the song out there as it was played live by Steve in 1998 on BBC Radio 2 on the Judi Spiers Saturday Afternoon show which also included an interview!

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 9 months ago #9589

• ajsmith
Thanks Stewart for the information, it is always great to hear of these past shows and the memories with them - that live version of Rain in Venice sounds interesting.

It would certainly be interesting to know about a recorded version of Only You, although as a guess it probably would have appeared on The Quality of Mercy had it been.

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 8 months ago #9604

• ajsmith
Sebastian article now done: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sebastian_%28song%29

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 8 months ago #9605

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Very interesting and thorough piece on Sebastian. I fell in love with Harley on the first hearing of Judy Teen on Top Of The Pops. I bought the single and subsequently bought Mr. Soft. Then The Best Years Of Our Lives album was given to me, by my parents, as a 14th birthday present.

My first hearing of Sebastian was the live version on the B side of Mr. Raffles single which led me to buy the first two albums.

You don't mention the live version B-side. I wonder if this was the first version that many fans heard? :unsure:

......though I guess you did include it on the Mr. Raffles Wikipedia page? :)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 8 months ago #9606

• ajsmith
Thanks for the reminder Stella, I've now added the info on the live b-side version, which was recorded at the Hammersmith Odeon, London on 14 April 1975.