Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wikipedia

Re:Wikipedia 10 years 5 months ago #8721

• ajsmith
A Wiki article for the Birmingham live album: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_%28Live...chestra_%26_Choir%29
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Wikipedia 10 years 5 months ago #8722

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Great job AJ. :)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Wikipedia 10 years 2 months ago #8996

• ajsmith
New article for Judy Teen: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Teen

I was surprised that the song didn't already have an article in the first place.

The only part of the article I wasn't sure on was the reports in the UK press from the time that Judy Teen was held back at the beginning of the year whilst "Sebastian" was re-issued on 25 January to try and make it a hit. I wasn't sure if this actually came to fruition, but apparently 25 Jan 1974 is listed in the booklet 'The New Singles' No. 509 so I'm guessing it was given another issue.

Re:Wikipedia 10 years 2 months ago #8997

• stewart g
Great stuff AJ.As usual I can offer very little to your great in depth research on this fantastic single.One little snippit...I and many others probably heard it first on our little Tranny's at school as it was Johnnie Walker's Record Of The Week on Radio 1.Johnnie even in those days had a great reputation as having fine musical taste so to get the Record of the week on his lunch time show was probably just the lift the single needed to make that push and give Rebel their first Uk hit!( Even the adverts in the Uk music press for Judy Teen mentioned it was JW's record of the week!)..the rest as you so brilliantly show is history....including those riots as Rebel Mania swept the Uk. :)

Re:Wikipedia 10 years 1 month ago #8999

• ajsmith
Thanks for the info Stewart - I'll add it into the article.

Re:Wikipedia 9 years 11 months ago #9370

• ajsmith
A new article on Mr. Soft: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Soft